A surprise christmas gift but so confused!

Jul 27, 2011
Hi TPF!

Today we used to celebrate with my family tonight on the 24/12/2011, before the dinner I and my bf walked in the H store (coz he didn't buy me anything for Christmas and he wanted to surprise me) when we walked into the store and guess what I saw...................................." a birkin" seems someone left him behind so I asked the SA for a look it was AVAILABLE :P:P:P:P:P I feel so lucky and happy because it was an evergrain leather in ebene color, I have always want to buy a birkin but still not decide which color and leather, my bf said " I guess this is your surprise for this christmas" I was feeling happy:smile: with my christmas gift, well after we returned home after the dinner I was so curious and began to inspecting the bag, it is really gorgeous I hv no word .....................................BUT............................ which I check the year stamp it is a "M" on the strap, I just check the forum here and it means M=2009 :mad: , what does it means ? the H store keep the bag till now? or I want to cry, should I return it or complain them...... Please TPF er what should I do now ??:crybaby:

Congrats!!! It is a rare find :woohoo::woohoo:
Please DO NOT bother about the date stamp if you really love the bag, coz it's been waiting for you since 2009, btw, you purchased it from H boutique that means free of worries :biggrin:
Enjoy it with good health :biggrin:

The date stamp wouldn't bother me at all. What a great X-Mas gift, you are very lucky.
Ebene in Evergrain sounds fabulous, I have a Kelly in it and I love it.
Congratulations and Merry X-Mas :biggrin:!

thanks you for all your advice, just wondering how can it happen? why do they keep the bag till now and selling the price of 2011 and not 2009??? does anyone have this kind of experience (buying bag from previous year in the H store)

Yes, I've bought a bag from a previous year at the H boutique. They sell it at the current year's price. Don't fret...enjoy your first Birkin...tis the season to be joyous and grateful:smile:

Hi TPF!

Today we used to celebrate with my family tonight on the 24/12/2011, before the dinner I and my bf walked in the H store (coz he didn't buy me anything for Christmas and he wanted to surprise me) when we walked into the store and guess what I saw...................................." a birkin" seems someone left him behind so I asked the SA for a look it was AVAILABLE :P:P:P:P:P I feel so lucky and happy because it was an evergrain leather in ebene color, I have always want to buy a birkin but still not decide which color and leather, my bf said " I guess this is your surprise for this christmas" I was feeling happy:smile: with my christmas gift, well after we returned home after the dinner I was so curious and began to inspecting the bag, it is really gorgeous I hv no word .....................................BUT............................ which I check the year stamp it is a "M" on the strap, I just check the forum here and it means M=2009 :mad: , what does it means ? the H store keep the bag till now? or I want to cry, should I return it or complain them...... Please TPF er what should I do now ??:crybaby:

which store in what city.
consider yourself very lucky and this waited for you to have it...

I would just forget about the year stamp. If H didn't put these on the bags, you would be no wiser as to whether it was made this year or five years ago. The important thing to focus on, is that you scored the bag you wanted and I would just enjoy that

Wow! Congratulations! I have bought bags that had old year date stamps. Considering how low inventory is at the moment, you are very lucky. There is such a bag shortage, who knows how many years you'll wait for that to come up again. Wear her in good health!