A surprise christmas gift but so confused!

congrats! like others, i don't think date stamp matter at all....as long as the bag is in good condition, i wouldn't worry about it at all. enjoy and merry xmas!

You find a BIRKIN

In EVERGRAIN

at CHRISTMAS

and your darling boyfriend BUYS IT for YOU

It's PERFECT

And you LOVE IT

You are a LUCKY gal

So

GET HAPPY and that's a CHRISTMAS ORDER :santawave:

:hugs:

Unlike some other items you buy, a date stamp on a Hermes bag doesn't matter a jot, there are so many chasing these bags and so few available. The stamp, to the vast majority buying Hermes bags from the store, is not even a consideration. You are so lucky to have a very hard to find bag purchased for you with love, don't let this non issue of a date stamp spoil it for you, be happy, enjoy and give your BF the biggest hug for being so wonderful!!!

You have a spankin' new store bought Birkin!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

I've asked a SA once regarding the stamp not in the current year, she says that it's because when Paris sent their orders, it comes in batches and sometimes they'll wait for the special orders to be completed to send them together. So, you will get bags with different year stamp from the stores. Enjoy your Birkin!

The date stamp means nothing as your Birkin is brand new from the boutique. You're very fortunate to have found her, especially in Evergrain. Ebene is one of my favorite colors. Congrats; a fabulous Christmas surprise!

thanks you for all your advice, just wondering how can it happen? why do they keep the bag till now and selling the price of 2011 and not 2009??? does anyone have this kind of experience (buying bag from previous year in the H store)

Oh, you are kidding, right?
Prices can go up overnight. I bought a Web last year and it's stamp was a code K. The bag has been discontinued. I still paid the current price for it. A few weeks ago, they had a new Web, which wasn't there when I bought mine the year before but the price was more.
Another bag I purchased a few years ago, with a stamp from the previous year was of course priced as if it was current. So, it goes. Same with Chanel. And LV. And all other houses. It costs them to store inventory.

So enjoy that bag. It sound beautiful. You lucked out for the holiday. Just be happy and don't lose any sleep over it, unless your head is inside that beauty sniffing in all that evergrain aroma.

merry christmas to you all! I am really thankfull for all your advice. I am feeling better with the year stamp matter also I am feeling so fulfilled this year with my "surprise birkin " on Christmas and other purchases in H store:balloon:, I love my bf coz he is always being so sweet and patient to me, does anyone want to see my "surprise"??