~*A Super Duper Old-School Reveal*~ BERRYLICIOUS

May 7, 2008
I stumbled upon this old-school beauty which has been well loved and has a few minor flaws, but I figured it was a great opportunity to try out a style I have always wondered about...

It's an Old-School Berry Tess!!

The leather is super soft, pebbley and just one serious puddle!

I am so glad I took a chance as I am honestly loving the style! The drawstring closure can be a bit cumbersome as it's not very easy to move the closure piece, but I never zip/close my bags anyway, so to me it's really no big deal. My only concern is the length of the tassels... I am considering giving them a "trim"!! :nuts: What do you think, am I nuts to alter it or should I just let it be? I posted a picture of the tassels and what I was thinking length wise.. Please LMK your thoughts/advice!

DSC_0611-1.jpg

DSC_0613-1.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

Wow, what an amazing find!! The color and leather are gorgeous!! The tassels do look a bit long in your modeling pics, but in the others they look fine. I'd try it out the way it is for awhile because after you cut it you won't be able to get it back!

Wow, I LOVE the Berry Tess! The tassels do look a little long so I'd probably trim them. You can try wearing the bag as is though to make sure because once you cut them, you won't be able to add back!

Gorgeous! Don't you just love the Berry leather? I hear you - the tassels on the tess are big and long. I think you just have to get used to them. I try not to make any fast movements in the office so I don't wack a co-worker, lol!

Thanks everyone!! This really was an amazing find! The leather is seriously unreal! I had a Berry MAB that was brand new and I sadly sold it b/c I was too afraid to use it. I can only imagine how beautiful it would be all broken in! :nuts:

I am going to wear it for a bit and see how I feel before I do anything...but I was just curious to get others thoughts and opinions on the tassels! They are so long and they hang down so far, they could possibly be used as weapons fashion1! :lol:

lovely color and i love drawstring style bags :heart: congrats!! just an idea how about u try to tuck in some drawstring inside the bag so the overall length with drawstring + tassels will not be that long when u close the bag? otherwise just leave the bag open when u wear it? i especially like your last pic :yes:

Great find and the Berry leather is gorgeous. It makes me miss the Berry MAB that I had too.

As much as I love tassels, I find the ones on the Tess to be much too bold. That said, I'd try it out for a day or two to see how you like them. Just try not to make any sudden movements. ;)