A Strassing Story (follow along - my first DIY project)

crodrigue

Addicted to Strass!
Jul 6, 2008
Hi Ladies,
I have become obsessed with Christian Louboutin lately - my collection has grown drastically within just a few months of being bitten by the CL bug. So, inevitably I went on TPF to reference styles, sizing, ect. and came across the "new DIY thread." I was honestly drooling over the amazing strass projects you ladies have done so I have decided to embark on my own strassing adventure!
I purchased a pair of used Christian Louboutin black leather ballet flats on ebay that were in overall very good shape other than wear to the soles. My first DIY project was to sand the bottoms and repaint them with the Rust-olum color recommended to me by a fellow TPFer.
Below are the process photos up until now. I am waiting on JET AB strass in sizes 7, 9, 12, 16, and 20 to arrive (hopefully today) so that I can begin my very first strassing project - I hope you will follow along with me :smile:

Shoes when they arrived
IMG_0309.jpg

After sanding
IMG_0310.jpg

After re-painting (i'm very pleased with the color match)
IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

more posts coming soon! :biggrin:

YAY! Im too am about to start my first DIY project so i will be excited to see how you are getting along. We must remember to take lots of progress pictures!

Good luck!!