A standard TPF Watermark?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi
    I just wanted to know if it would be possible for a standard watermark to be made available for TPF members.

For example if I posted a picture of what I had just purchased and loaded it to the site, you could have an option of using a standard tpf watermark and just typed your username to protect your picture from being used on other sites.

i.e I post a picture of a bag and I then use the TPF watermark and it states -

Sammyjoe @ TPF Forum ( TPF would be in the fancy logo used at the top of the page)

I just thought that if the picture was stolen it would automatically indicate that it was originally lifted from TPF thus giving TPF the recognition and it being a standard format and hopefully help people to remember to watermark their pictures.

Sorry if I am not making sense!

:smile:

2. ^ I like it!

3. I love that idea!! Let me see if vlad could do that :yes:

4. sounds like a good idea. hope it can be done!

5. Thank you all for understanding what I mean, I hope Vlad and the team can come up with something :flowers:

6. that's a really good idea :yes: maybe add "not for sale" to it too?

7. didn't we have a watermark before? I remember something. . .

8. sammyjoe--love the idea!

9. no u totally make sense...i try to mark my pics with 2 lil hearts to protect mine...cant trust peps these days they would steal your pics too...sad...

10. great suggestion OP

11. I like this idea!

12. It would be cool if watermarks were automatically placed when pictures are loaded here. :yes:

13. Thanks all :flowers:

I think if it were possible, it really would help the members out. Lots of members don't watermark ( myself included) for various reasons - forget, don't know how to, no software etc.

If there was a standard TPF one, it would sock the picture thieves right in the eye :lol: as well as the reasons mentioned in the above posts.

14. Just one more thing regarding the watermark design.

I think it would be cool for the watermark to be shaded so its not full on colour TPF but a shade ( sort of like Sofa king banned people). I think this would allow the beauty of the item/ picture being shown and still show a subtle hint that "yes" it is from TPF.

15. I really hope that something can come of your idea Sammyjoe!!