A Special Wedding Gift ???

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Sorry in advance for the Long, Sappy story

my fave cousin (like the sister i never had) is getting married. we grew up together, she lived with us when her mom passed away early and my mom helped to raise her. i have been blessed with the opportunity to be her matron of honor.

we are 8 years apart in age and when i was younger, i would take my entire paycheck and spend it on her. clearly there is a strong baond. shes always liked nice things...AND MY THINGS.

well, as of late she has commented on my LV's and i was thinking it would be great to get her something as a present for a shower gift.

what do you think would be a nice sentimental type of gift. i am on a budget but i'd like to hear what you have to say before i let you know what that is. TIA

P.S.

i do have some time to save as well (if needed) b/c she is in school and has decided to post the date 2 years out after she completes her nursing program.

Maybe a Speedy in Mono? It's a totally classic bag, plus it's only slightly more $$ then a wallet or a clutch and it's something she'll keep and treasure for a long time...!

Or, if that's "too" maybe a pochette? Also very classic!

I think a clutch would be nice. It will be a special piece that she can treasure for a long time. I like that a clutch is not necessarily an every day piece. That makes it more special. With a nurses salary, she'll soon be able to buy her own everyday piece.

i vote for a wallet... it's something that you use every day, yet often people are hesitant to buy it for themselves. yet once you have a really nice one, you can't imagine how you lived without it and she will have a special reminder of you every day.