A Special Wedding Gift ???

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
Sorry in advance for the Long, Sappy story

my fave cousin (like the sister i never had) is getting married. we grew up together, she lived with us when her mom passed away early and my mom helped to raise her. i have been blessed with the opportunity to be her matron of honor.

we are 8 years apart in age and when i was younger, i would take my entire paycheck and spend it on her. clearly there is a strong baond. shes always liked nice things...AND MY THINGS.

well, as of late she has commented on my LV's and i was thinking it would be great to get her something as a present for a shower gift.

what do you think would be a nice sentimental type of gift. i am on a budget but i'd like to hear what you have to say before i let you know what that is. TIA

P.S.

i do have some time to save as well (if needed) b/c she is in school and has decided to post the date 2 years out after she completes her nursing program.

MatAllston

O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
I think a wallet would be great, another option is a clutch. So sweet of you to get her a LV.

autumn2187

Jan 14, 2010
Southern CA
I think a wallet would be great, another option is a clutch. So sweet of you to get her a LV.
I second that it is really nice that you want to get her an LV. I would go with the idea of getting a clutch. Good luck with your decision and can't wait to see what you decide. :balloon:

Apr 16, 2008
Maybe a Speedy in Mono? It's a totally classic bag, plus it's only slightly more $$ then a wallet or a clutch and it's something she'll keep and treasure for a long time...!

Or, if that's "too" maybe a pochette? Also very classic!

Mar 3, 2010
NY, NY
I think a clutch would be nice. It will be a special piece that she can treasure for a long time. I like that a clutch is not necessarily an every day piece. That makes it more special. With a nurses salary, she'll soon be able to buy her own everyday piece.

chooshoeholic

Feb 10, 2010
Miami
i vote for a wallet... it's something that you use every day, yet often people are hesitant to buy it for themselves. yet once you have a really nice one, you can't imagine how you lived without it and she will have a special reminder of you every day.

luvlyLV

Feb 10, 2007
Arizona
First off, that is so sweet of you to think of getting her such a sweet gift! I would get her either a mono pochette, or speedy.

Dec 19, 2008
Maybe one of those Suhali clutches? They are so beautiful looking and different from the usual monogram print so it seems to be more special.