a special order question to the special members

leap of faith

addicted to the H
Aug 9, 2007
hi all, i have been a member of tpf for a while now and thanks to the hermes group i have not only learned a lot but also my collection grew while the opposite happened to my bank account :P
i was hoping to go to paris soon to place a special order but i wanted to ask you all soemthing before i go and make a fool of myself..

is it possible to have a 3o or 35cm birkin made with black crocodile/alligator linings, pipings, with the handles and the clasp area? i think i have previously seen a picture of it somewhere on tpf (i think it was a beautiful orange birkin)?

i really want a black birkin in my collection but i want it to look special which is why i want this done so bad!

TIA to all!!:flowers::flowers:

it depends on whether or not you'll get to place an order in the first place.

I recently found out that it was not only me who has been told that FSH doesn't take orders at the moment (they'll start taking it again at September, I was told). Then again, there's mich's DH who has been granted to place an SO for a Birkin a few weeks ago.

Hermes is tricky.

good luck. :yes:

Last edited:
yes i enjoyed reading about your days in paris!! :upsidedown: i will be going to paris soon and staying until September so i dont think there will be a problem.. i am actually more worried about whether or not my order is considered acceptable :rolleyes: thank you allanrvj for answering!!

yes i enjoyed reading about your days in paris!! :upsidedown: i will be going to paris soon and staying until September so i dont think there will be a problem.. i am actually more worried about whether or not my order is considered acceptable :rolleyes: thank you allanrvj for answering!!

oh thanks. hehe.

is this similar to what you're talking about?

IMG_2274-1.jpg

(pic from the Reference Library)

allaaaaaaaaan!!! :flowers::flowers: yes!! i saw it once then had no idea where to find it again- it was like looking for a needle in a H-aystack :P (i just saved the pic)..yes this is the exact one i want to SO but in a black birkin (although a kelly does look yummy too)!

^^Mrs S your very right! The Croc and Toile combo is hard to get accepted. I have seen this only in Japan (due to there high volume of super VVVIP's). During my current holiday visit I have seen only a few exotic & toile combo H purses, but resell price is very high!

wow both the kelly and birkin would do for me (only thing that would swing me to one side would be their price :P.. although i suspect that the kelly would be cheaper maybe..
mrssparkles: really? so i would not get a chance to order it? :confused1: it truly does look like an amazing piece to own

ooh i would love for the famous lilach to help me

^^Humm... again that would be almost impossible unless your a Super VVVIP. I have only seen one mix Croc & Boxcalf Birkin 30cm. But it was a SO and only granted to this one specific Japanese socialite. This is the only one that I am aware of. Some combos Hermes will not do. If they feel that a certain SO will "not uphold the look of Hermes" then they will not accept the SO. This is a quote from my store manager. This info is what I know, I am sure that others may have more to offer. Good luck.

wow both the kelly and birkin would do for me (only thing that would swing me to one side would be their price :P.. although i suspect that the kelly would be cheaper maybe..
mrssparkles: really? so i would not get a chance to order it? :confused1: it truly does look like an amazing piece to own

ooh i would love for the famous lilach to help me

lilach can help provide the answer. Not help you get the bag :sweatdrop:

simplyprincess is giving the right idea. Thanks, sweetie. Be it toile or another leather.

I would love to see the Tokyo reseller stores one day! Must be super special H bags galore!

Whether or not you would be "allowed" to order, totally depends on your H relationships. And you need to be their top tier customers.

MrsS. lilach can help provide the answer Not help you get the bag

^^ROFL! :roflmfao:

well i dont really have a relationship with them i only visit them in our summer and winter vacations but i dont know anyone specially, but they are all more than sweet when we visit..lol i'll play dumb and try my luck :sneaky: