A SoBlack Fantasy.. Will it come true?

nappytoots

Must.Buy.Bags
May 16, 2012
Hi!! Do They still make SoBlack Birkin 35s? is it by special order? coz i really want to get one in Box coz i think it can be very masculine and understated.. i am really hoping if it still is available.. and is it really as expensive as the retailers on ebay is posting (i mean 35 grand?).. It is really my HG bag (together with a shadow Birkin) and i want to really get info on it.. thanks.. really appreciate the help..

i think so black was a limited edition range and appeared back in 2011? if you search this forum, you probably find when it started appearing. reseller is probably your best bet now..

Unfortunately the answer to your questions is "no". I know for a fact they had trouble filling their original POs and many had being offered alternatives. Especially for those wanted 35, they just didn't have enough quality box leather to make those. And you will not be able to SO it. Resellers are your best bet.

Well if you don't get sticker shock from resellers ... Here's some SO BLACK eye candy still avail for a premium!

Just revisited for the pure drooling factor just for swaches alone lol

http://www.lecrin.jp/e-category_soblack.html

Oh my god!!! It was a droolfest!!! But the ones in box were all sold out!!! They're just the most gorgeous birkins on earth! Do you think it's worth it to take the plunge even for the premium price? It's almost the price of 3 bbags!!!

Unfortunately the answer to your questions is "no". I know for a fact they had trouble filling their original POs and many had being offered alternatives. Especially for those wanted 35, they just didn't have enough quality box leather to make those. And you will not be able to SO it. Resellers are your best bet.

So I guess my dream is just that. I'm really weary of resellers coz there had been such deliberation over them..

I can't imagine paying that much unless one is a true collector. With BBkellys out there at very reasonable cost, it wouldn't be worth it to me just to have a black finish on the hardware and all the packaging.

Oh sorry, both box was still avail y'day ... Try stalking the site or contact them !?!
There was actually a SO BLK/30 avail in H/JP as recent as a couple months ago.

Answer: YES, but am bias, have the 35 :P oh didn't realize it's 3xs priced ...
:sweatdrop: YIKES - but I don't think you can find one w/o a premium tho :sweatdrop:

Oh my god!!! It was a droolfest!!! But the ones in box were all sold out!!! They're just the most gorgeous birkins on earth! Do you think it's worth it to take the plunge even for the premium price? It's almost the price of 3 bbags!!!

Last edited:
Oh sorry, both box was still avail y'day ... Try stalking the site or contact them !?!
There was actually a SO BLK/30 avail in H/JP as recent as a couple months ago.

Answer: YES, but am bias, have the 35 :P oh didn't realize it's 3xs priced ...
:sweatdrop: YIKES - but I don't think you can find one w/o a premium tho :sweatdrop:

now you are just making me jealous!!! i have never lusted for a BBag this way (well, since a shadow birkin, but that's a whole other story i won't get into.) ever since i saw an actual SoBlack Borkin, i just fell in love (on Kim K, which i never saw as a true style star. she just has a big funding for bags hahaha).. the gleaming black hardware, and the box leather and the padlock... the box and dustbag was a pleasant surprise when i started researching about it.. it's just gorg..

I can't imagine paying that much unless one is a true collector. With BBkellys out there at very reasonable cost, it wouldn't be worth it to me just to have a black finish on the hardware and all the packaging.
I know the finish is lovely on the hardware but India makes a very smart point...all that extra for hardware. However, I always say..."to each his own...you know yourself best an what is important to you..."