A Small Story: How I Ended Up Getting My Red Dior New Lock Promenade Pouch!

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
O.G.
Jan 16, 2011
I haven't done a reveal in ages (actually I'm not sure if I ever have) but I think this forum could use some more people sharing!

So, I just received my New Lock pouch today. There is a whole story behind this pouch and TPF is an involved/guilty party.

I should disclose that I have an obsession with wallet pouches with chains. Most of my bags are totes, so it's a necessary thing, then I started collecting them because fashion houses do evil things and make different colors and shapes and seasons and make a girl want more. So... I have very strict criteria for these! (well so I can limit my consumption heh). They include: less than 10" wide and shorter than 5" high, must have minimum 3 credit card slots and slot for bills, must carry minimum phone and bulky keys and lip gloss, must be usable as a wallet 80% of the time (meaning the chain can be tucked in somehow, discreetly), must be passable as a timeless collectible, must be passable as a clutch for dinner, must have a chain strap with no leather parts unless it is a woven leather chain (meaning none with a leather strap part in the middle or any part of the chain strap).

So far the top contenders have been the Chanel WOC's (I've been collecting them since they were in the $700 price range; now they are $2100 for the classic ones and higher for limited ones), the Bottega Veneta mini messenger (a recent love, and I happen to gravitate towards items that get better with use like Coach legacy and BV, so I have a soft spot for these).

And then...

On the Chanel forum, there was a thread that was titled, "WOC OR MISS DIOR LARGE POUCH?"

Being the impatient "skimmer" that I am, I just looked at the pictures. :biggrin: And fell in love! Omg, just the colors they were like skittles all together! And how confusing it was, the Miss Dior prom pouch and the New Lock prom pouch! I love cracking things so as I was reading about them and going on the Dior site, which was a bit hard to navigate, I was trying to find online dept store sites like NM or Saks that had them that I could see. But like Chanel, you cannot buy these online. :thinking:

So, I called an SA and asked for photos and she sent me a rainbow of different types (which of course, I subsequently then immediately uploaded onto that thread, being the enabler that I am - which is why I auth on Chanel ATC also bc I love to enable... ) and immediately ordered the Miss Dior Navy Lamb Prom Pouch.

The Navy Lamb was supposed to arrive from Calif. today but there was a shipping glitch so it's still not here.

In the meantime, one of the photos that caught my eye was for this glossy crimson lipstick red new lock pouch. One of the TPF members had posted it, from last year. I asked my SA about it, and she said it was from 2013. She did not have it, nobody had it.

Department stores are treasure troves for past season items (I think I got a few Chanel 09 flaps in 2011 from Nordies, the one with the crinkled patent goat), and I *thought* that Saks had one in stock. But it ended up being Cocquelicot from this year, my very honest and helpful Dior SA texted me when I sent her the picture (since she had already helped me with the MD navy pouch and also tried to find me the 2013 red). No dice.

My SA from Bergdorf came through the next day however; he went to some back room and pulled it and sent me a photo of it sitting in the dark back room on what appeared to be a windows desktop. "Is this it?" he texted.

Attachments

• Photo Aug 14, 9 20 52 PM.png
    Photo Aug 14, 9 20 52 PM.png
    813.5 KB · Views: 2,363
Last edited:
I texted the pic to my Dior SA and she gave me the thumbs up. What made it even sweeter was that it was still $1,300. Red!!

It arrived today. I love her so much. It is slightly larger than the rest of my wallet chain contraptions - I've attached a comparison pic so you can see, also.

Footnotes: My favorite part about the whole thing was the little white pouch that the chain comes in. Just makes everything feel so special. I am in love.

I cannot wait for the Navy one to come!! I hope by tomorrow. I promise it won't be that long, will just add a pic for the Navy, but since this was my very first one, I hope you don't mind me sharing my story with you all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 2,598
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 2,299
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 2,362
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 4,160
I texted the pic to my Dior SA and she gave me the thumbs up. What made it even sweeter was that it was still $1,300. Red!!

It arrived today. I love her so much. It is slightly larger than the rest of my wallet chain contraptions - I've attached a comparison pic so you can see, also.

Footnotes: My favorite part about the whole thing was the little white pouch that the chain comes in. Just makes everything feel so special. I am in love.

I cannot wait for the Navy one to come!! I hope by tomorrow. I promise it won't be that long, will just add a pic for the Navy, but since this was my very first one, I hope you don't mind me sharing my story with you all.
What a beacutiful bag! I am thinking of the getting the miss dior pouch!

What a beacutiful bag! I am thinking of the getting the miss dior pouch!

Thanks! I love it!

Yes, I too picked the Miss Dior first! It seems that there are none of them in patent in the US market, but my navy lamb is the Miss Dior.

I would prefer the Miss Dior also because of the more discrete chain hook, the charms and the overall more feminine and quilted look and feel. Oh, and the contrast interior is just so lovely too.

So I think that is a great choice! :biggrin: Glad you are considering joining the club

Congrats! What a beautiful red, and to get it at at the old price! I love your collection, such pretty bags! I started that thread "WOC or Miss Dior" and I now have two Miss Dior pouchettes and two WOC. These small bags are addicting! Hope you love your navy as well, can't wait to see the pics! :smile:

These small bags are addicting!

Yes, it is really, really, really, really bad. I recommend stopping now if you can. They are like... large... charms. It's insane.

Thank you summergirl1, and that must mean YOU are the responsible one for this if you started that thread! :P

Have you checked out the BV mini messenger? I am in love with those too. I love the secret bottom compartment. :graucho:

Yes, it is really, really, really, really bad. I recommend stopping now if you can. They are like... large... charms. It's insane.

Thank you summergirl1, and that must mean YOU are the responsible one for this if you started that thread! :P

Have you checked out the BV mini messenger? I am in love with those too. I love the secret bottom compartment. :graucho:

I think I'm responsible for a few pouchette sales this year. Lol! :biggrin:

I haven't checked those out before, and I was just about to after seeing your pics. Thanks for the link! Sounds like a great bag, I'm going to have to check those out in person!

I think I'm responsible for a few pouchette sales this year. Lol! :biggrin:

I haven't checked those out before, and I was just about to after seeing your pics. Thanks for the link! Sounds like a great bag, I'm going to have to check those out in person!
Summergirl1 yes you are the reason for me buying my 2 Promenades fuschia and black Diors :smile: within a gap of a month!!! and now I am soooo broke!! :smile::smile: to top it all another TPFer put up a collection of her Chanel bags and I am drooling over them and wondering how to buy them :smile::smile: Nevertheless thanks to you Summergirl these are my investments!!!

I think that you saved over $600, and that's a bargain!

I did save a lot, it was $300 to be exact - in the US they are currently $1,600, which is how much I paid for the navy one as well.

Interestingly I think due to the Euro conversation rate, US is cheaper than Europe.

Navy Miss Dior Promenade Pouch in lambskin came today as expected.

Wow. I am speechless.

It is amazing. And quilted pillowy soft.

Can I just say, I am just so happy with it. As you can tell w the pics I took of this one vs the new lock red patent in this thread (which is whimsical and loved too in it's own right), I think there is just no question which pouch is more superior.

And yes I can say the quality of this... Gives the Chanel WOC a run for it's money... wow... wow... Sorry can I just say WOW!!!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408139098.831531.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408139115.563821.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408139133.593872.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408139145.574641.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408139160.518603.jpg