A Small Anniversary Reveal and a Question

May 7, 2007
Our family went on a little shopping trip into London today so that my DH could buy a little something for me for our Wedding Anniversary tomorrow.

This reveal is small by forum standards but I wanted to share with you anyway.

It was our intention to get an Etoupe Evelyne but on seeing the ones that Selfridges and Harrods had I decided not to get one. Both the ones I saw today were a lot darker than I expected and were darker (more mushroom colour) than the Etoupe Victoria's and Picotin's that were there.

The SA's said that the Evelynes were Taurillion Clemence leather - is this different to Clemence? They were definitely more brown than the Etoupe I saw on different bags in different leathers.

Anyway, what I did get - that's what is important, right?

Here is my little stack of H boxes (with some little freebies) but I'm no good at drawn out reveals so I'll just get right on with it.

Attachments

• H Bundle.jpg
    H Bundle.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 478
and as I said - I'm useless at drawn out reveals so the items I got are:

BdG Dip Dye in Purple (Aubergine) - this is now my favourite scarf, its beautiful - so soft, gorgeous colour and so wearable. I was actually surprised that I found any of this design. (Selfridges had quite a few in Reds and Orange but no Green or Brown which are the other colourways on my wishlist).

Navy Ribbon Twilly with Silver Charms (sorry, can't remember the proper name and its too late for me to go and look.) - I love the charms as I can use them on my other twilly too.

and......my very first Enamel (and definitely NOT my last). I believe its Capitales in the medium width. I'd always wanted to get some of these but I thought that they would be too small to go over the hand and wrist but the GM is fine. I can't wait to get some more now.

Attachments

• BdG.jpg
    BdG.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 482
  • Twilly.jpg
    Twilly.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 483
  • Enamel.jpg
    Enamel.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 479
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Alibag, gorgeous purchases, congratulations! Love all you got! Happy anniversary too! DH and I are celebrating our 22 anniversary next month. Taurillon is the real name of the leather, Clemence is the surname of the first craftman that worked the leather.

Our family went on a little shopping trip into London today so that my DH could buy a little something for me for our Wedding Anniversary tomorrow.

This reveal is small by forum standards but I wanted to share with you anyway.

It was our intention to get an Etoupe Evelyne but on seeing the ones that Selfridges and Harrods had I decided not to get one. Both the ones I saw today were a lot darker than I expected and were darker (more mushroom colour) than the Etoupe Victoria's and Picotin's that were there.

The SA's said that the Evelynes were Taurillion Clemence leather - is this different to Clemence? They were definitely more brown than the Etoupe I saw on different bags in different leathers.

Anyway, what I did get - that's what is important, right?

Here is my little stack of H boxes (with some little freebies) but I'm no good at drawn out reveals so I'll just get right on with it.

Hi - It's the same as Clemence, just the full name for the same leather.

I'm here to see your lovely reveal! :smile:

attachment.php

My favourite colours!

attachment.php

You chose well! Congratulations!

BirkinMary and HermesFSH - thanks for being here and for answering my rather stupid question! :rolleyes: I'm sorry, I'm really new to all this and had never heard of it as being anything other than Clemence leather.

Maybe I'll have to re-think my colour for the Evelyne then. The stores didn't really have anything other than Black (which I don't want), Gold (which its too similar to other bags I have) and this Etoupe (which I didn't like)!

BirkinMary and HermesFSH - thanks for being here and for answering my rather stupid question! :rolleyes: I'm sorry, I'm really new to all this and had never heard of it as being anything other than Clemence leather.

Maybe I'll have to re-think my colour for the Evelyne then. The stores didn't really have anything other than Black (which I don't want), Gold (which its too similar to other bags I have) and this Etoupe (which I didn't like)!

That's ok :hugs: (BTW No question is stupid!).

My SA only ever refers to Clemence as TC so I learned this fairly early on!

Hope you find your dream Evelyne! :smile:

Happy Anniversary Ali, and many congrats on your lovely buys! There are some lovely colours trickling through for A/W so I'm sure you'll find the perfect Evelyn soon, perhaps Gris T if Etoupe in clemence is too brown for you?

Happy Anniversary Ali-Bagpuss!!....a

A lovely stack of H boxes and a Sunday reveal from "over the pond" is just what I needed! Congratulations on all! Love your choices, and that blue/indigo twilly w/charms is perhaps my favorite (but also the aubergine dip dye and Capitals enamel!) Lovely, lovely, all of it....
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
And you're not the only one who had to make the TC and clemence connection...caught me off guard just recently--shop and learn, shop and learn. ;)

Wear it all in good health and great marital happiness :drinkup:

Thanks everybody. It's funny but when I asked the SA in Selfridges if the Evelyne was Clemence she said 'No, it's Taurillion!' no wonder I'm confused if the SA's don't even know it's the same thing!!

Thanks Syma, I thought about Gris T on the way home!

Happy Anniversary! I love your loot - funny, I went into H looking for a bday present for myself and ended up rooted to the floor in front of the enamels as well! Yours is gorgeous - I'm going that route as well, but with Balcons!