A Shocked Scarf Returns Home

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
Well, I thought this would be funny to share.

Last week it was time to move my 89 year old mom from a small northern calif hick town back to southern calif where she belongs...

This is the main street of the hick town where she mistakenly moved to two years ago. I could make the picture bigger, but why...???

78342359QHVMrE_th.jpg

Due to circumstances beyond my control this adventure in moving was organized by my older slightly crazy sister.

So, instead of involving a well staffed professional moving company, it involved this....

truck_26_big.gif

The U-Haul 26 ft super mover. :wtf:

I kid you not.

truck-26-dim.gif

Well, there was nothing to do but do it....so I flew to southern california to meet up with my brother, and start out the next morning on the 9 hour drive to Moms house.

I realized before I left home that this was not a trip for Hermes.

It was barely a trip for CobaltBlu.

But I did take my trusty Au Dela des Cinq Mers scarf (Lawrence Bourthomieux (Toutsy), 1988) ....because it was a very inexpensive purchase on Ebay, doesnt exactly "fit" into my collection, and has become a real grab and go carré. Plus, I love me some tall ships.....

It's the one I lend my DD to wear as a belt with jeans, etc....

So, I was outfitted thus.

attachment.php

This is the large Longchamps Pliage tote. I love this bag....:love:

Next, I reveal the contents, and how it went downhill for my poor longsuffering carré....

Attachments

• LP packed.JPG
    LP packed.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 338
OK, I have been getting error messages, but maybe this will work now. I had to get to the PF via the blog....odd....

Anyway, I packed up the Longchamps LP with my chameleon heavy duty insert, and a few choice small leather goods.....This was the first trip for the barenia cardcase on the top left, which is an unusual piece that handily stores credit cards and receipts and such....

attachment.php

Let me digress to say that the Karo PM is a great travelling companion on the plane. I kept it in the seatback, with the travel essentials....

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see, the Karo can hold quite a lot, she had plenty of room to spare. I also believe that it is very calming on a turbulent flight to have a pretty Karo handy:love:

Attachments

• karo contents.JPG
    karo contents.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 895
  • karo packed.JPG
    karo packed.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 896
  • LP contents.JPG
    LP contents.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 293
OK, I got so distracted by small leather goods that I lost track of my carre!!!

Once we arrived in Hickville, we went to dinner and straight to bed, so we could greet the super UHAUL the next morning....Before retiring we learned that my sister had neglected to secure any help for us from the local populace. I was deeply saddend by this...

The conversation went something like this...

:censor:

:rant:

:lecture:

I awoke the next morning and found that it was 28 degrees. No weather for a shawl, and further, there was the matter of the boxes!!

Here is how I faced the day...

attachment.php

Since I had neglected to bring my camera along on this "Voyage of the Damned" I had to recreate my outfit for you lovely people.

The dry air flattened my hair, and so I resorted to this...

attachment.php

I felt that I was very far from the lovely life of, say, Ilovemylife, but I certainly was nice and warm and felt very happy that I had an Hermes accessory to ease my discomfort...

Attachments

• warming neck.JPG
    warming neck.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 270
  • ribbon.JPG
    ribbon.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 267
Now, many of my scarfie friends know that I never conquered the "scarf-in-hair look," but as the day warmed, I had no choice but to change my neck warmer into a do-rag...

They don't call it the worlds most versatile accessory for nothing!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

:lol:

Attachments

• queen of moving day1.JPG
    queen of moving day1.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 51
  • queen of moving day.JPG
    queen of moving day.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 369
Finally, it was time to head home in the Uhaul. Praise be. Civilization at last...

My dear brother and I drove 16 hours.....and as the sun sank slowly into the west, once again my carre was called into action.....

I recreated the scene for you here (in my honda, LOL :P)

attachment.php

As you can see, the poor dear returned safe and sound; and though she lived a very unglamourous life for a few days, she is a wrinkled but otherwise none the worse for wear. :yes:

attachment.php

She will have a lovely spa treatment later tonight, but as you can see she is still shimmery and quite respectable considering what I put her through.

The moral of the story, well...there are several.....but the Hermès one is that you need not be too precious with your carrés, they are quite resiliant indeed!!!

:tup:

Attachments

• sunshade.JPG
    sunshade.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 263
  • poor wrinkled dear.JPG
    poor wrinkled dear.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 267
Oh, by the way....when we were almost done loading the Super Mover, we found a sticker that said we could call an 800 number for SAME DAY loading help.

:yahoo:

My sister had not thought this necessary.

Well, it was too late for Hickville, but in Civilizationville, we secured 5 strappping gentlemen to unload. Praise be!!!:okay:

About 15 years ago, I and my ex-boyfriend used to drive across America from Chicago to Orange county as well. Back then I got no Hermes with me. :P

I love all these. :heart::love:

Welcome back home.

attachment.php