A seasonal reissue reveal - my belated Mother's Day present

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
This is my first Mother's Day as mother of 2 beautiful babies. Hubby got me this bag I've been eyeing on consignment website - it is a seasonal reissue accordion which has 2 compartments in the size equivalent to 225.

Absolutely loving the distressed calfskin! It feels so luxurious yet durable!

IMG_1494994144.284305.jpg
IMG_1494994157.551344.jpg
IMG_1494994168.184898.jpg

Haven't had a chance for mod pics yet but will share once I wear it [emoji108]

I love my kids [emoji7]

On certain angles and lighting you can see the leather is more distressed on the bottom that the top flap (maybe it's previously been overstuffed). Anyone with reissue have experience on how I can "even it out"? Will leather conditioner and buff help?

IMG_1494994582.490557.jpg

I knew this was the condition of the bag from the website photos. But just wondering if something can be done. Thanks

This is my first Mother's Day as mother of 2 beautiful babies. Hubby got me this bag I've been eyeing on consignment website - it is a seasonal reissue accordion which has 2 compartments in the size equivalent to 225.

View attachment 3701115
View attachment 3701116
View attachment 3701117

I love my kids [emoji7]

Beautiful bag! You should get x2 bags because you've given birth to 2 kids!

Reactions: Lcash and yinnie

View attachment 3701115
View attachment 3701116
View attachment 3701117

I love my kids [emoji7]
WooHoo Yinnie...what an amazing gift!! Big Congrats & happy belated Mom's day dear! Your bag is a beauty!:heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: yinnie
Congrats Yinnie!
A beautiful gift to remember the memorable stage of your motherhood!
Enjoy!!!
Thank you! Motherhood is the hardest job in the world! It's great to be appreciated and gifted with this beauty by hubby [emoji12]

It's beautiful :love: I think the distressing at the bottom of the bag is all part of the charm, giving it an edgy look.
Personally, I wouldn't buff or condition it.
Enjoy! :heart:
Thank you I think you are right, the distressed leather is part of the charm of the bag! [emoji56]

WooHoo Yinnie...what an amazing gift!! Big Congrats & happy belated Mom's day dear! Your bag is a beauty!:heart::heart::heart:
Thank you Kendie [emoji253] it was your reissue that started me on the love for reissues!!! Your 224 is tdf!

I have posted a separate thread but I will ask here anyways.

Upon close inspection there is a snapped/broken stitch on the front flap corner. Is this repairable?

IMG_1495104686.702326.jpg
IMG_1495104723.582478.jpg

I am based in Australia - where can I take it to get repaired? (Chanel doesn't take bags over 5 years is that right?)
This was also not disclosed by the consignment website listing. What is my recourse with this loose stitch? I don't want to return the bag because I do love it and there isn't another. I'm guessing I should ask for a discount or pay for cost of repairs? I know I don't want store credit coz that forces me to buy something else unnecessary.
Please help!