A Sad Purse Accident

have you looked into your homeowners's insurance? maybe you can get the insurance to replace the items. But you have to find out what your deductible is? maybe it's worth a try.

have you looked into your homeowners's insurance? maybe you can get the insurance to replace the items. But you have to find out what your deductible is? maybe it's worth a try.

Be careful with filing a claim for what the insurance company would consider a small claim. Yes, I know the bags are expensive, but insurance companies are always trying to find ways to "weed" out customers who make too many small claims. I used to work for one of the major insurance companies, and yes, underwriting was always reviewing our insureds' loss history reports.

i'm sure that the smell will go away. it will probably take some time....a long time. i would call a vet or pet store & ask what they recommend. then, after that, i would spray the lining with febreeze....like every day for a couple of weeks. i bet it will be ok. good luck.

Eeek!1
This is why I am not a cat person.I am so sorry this happened, give it some time & keep trying the suggestions. You never know it may come out, Good luck.

gosh u poor thing :sad: when my cat peed on my favourite shoes (nothing designer thankfully) i bought this cat urine stuff off the internet, it honestly worked first time and i was amazed ( i know this is only my second post but im seriously not advertising heeh) i dont know if you can get it though cos i think its a New Zealand product, try googling ODARID :smile:

I am so sorry this happened to your bag and things. :crybaby:
I know this is going to sound scary, but as a last resort this could work if NOTHING else does. You can immerse the mono bags in water. Here is how I know......

About 3 years ago we were sitting by the ocean after lunch. As I got up from the bench, I grabbed my Speedy and went to put the shoulder strap over my shoulder and it slipped and went into the salt water, 3 feet under the water. My boyfriend jumped in an got it. Of course everything was a mess. I came home and took everything out. I wanted to displace the salt water and I know with all of my dive stuff and fishing reels the best way is to not rinse off but to immerse. I filled the bathtub and put a lot of Woolite in the water. I immersed my Speedy, mono cosmetic bag and mono wallet and swished them around in the water. Then I rinsed them with another immersion in clear water. I then dried them and put a towel inside the Speedy to absorb water. By the nest morning it was dry, the leather was fine, no darkening or anything. I then used Apple conditioner on the canvas parts and Armour All leather wipes on the strap and handles. It looked as good as new, and I honestly could not even tell it went for a swim the previous day.
I know some of you are going to gasp :nuts: but as a last resort, if nothing else works to remove the cat smell, give it a try before you toss it. This only applies to mono canvas items. I am sure if I had done this to a soft leather like Balenciaga the results would not have been so good. However one of the girls on the Balenciaga forum said that hers got soaked in the rain and was good as new the next day, so you never know. :graucho: