A sad chanel story...

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
how can this happen on a bag i adore but rarely use? the cute CC charm dangling from my Melrose Degrade broke yesterday. Its the plastic charm with the black Chanel word all over it...it's what made the bag so adorable! I have the missing piece, can it be cemented on, do you think?

Too many problems lately. I have Chanel Bag Fear, a newly diagnosed condition.. :crybaby:

I too, have CBF! LOL. Unfortunately the quality of the newer bags has really killed my passion for a new Chanel bag. I would bring the bag back to Chanel and have them fix it. It's sad isn't it?

very sad...i do have the piece that broke, but bag was bought when they first came out - 2, 3 years ago? at the boutique in Palm Beach Gardens. as for repairing it, what if they don't have this particular charm in stock anymore? it was a charm unique to this bag! thanks sfor your responses, ladies!

Sorry this happened to you. Yes ITA, the quality of Chanel bags has been disappointing as of late. Don't risk it & do it yourself. Take it back in for repairs. The wait is totally worth it if your bag comes back in perfect condition.

I agree, take your bag in and let them take care of it. For the price of these bags, they should stand behind them for longer than one year.

I am so relieved by everyone's words of encouragement, as well as knowledge better than any SA could ever have! will take it up to the boutique tomorrow, which by the way, has the nicest SAs I have ever dealt with (have bought 3-4 bags there) and see what they can do................... once I brought a Chanel cuff bracelet ( which I bought in about 1995,)to them, that had lost its raised "CC" on the front of the cuff, and the repair was perfect, they had found the exact CC for it. so maybe there's hope!!
:flowers:
Will keep you ladies posted!