A sacrilegious question

carterazo

viendo carteras
O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
Hello Ladies,

I got me the gathered leather Juliette in magenta and think she's absolutely gorgeous and almost perfect... except for those doggie ears. :rolleyes:
Did those of you who have a gathered leather Juliette find that the ears settle nicely on the sides after some use?

I am 100% sure I will not be using this bag as a cross body - she's just too pretty. I will be carrying it satchel style without the strap hanging.

Here's the sacrilegious part: Have any of you ever glued together a piece of your leather bag so it won't flap or stick out? If so, what did you use?

TIA

Last edited:

Freak4Coach

Oct 23, 2012
Mine seem to lay down pretty good so they don't bother me. I think that will settle down for you after some time. :smile:

tonij2000

Luvs Leather
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
ShowMeState
OMG Glue? LOL!

Try storing your bag on a doorknob every night and letting the long strap hang down. Then put something heavt like on the long strap to weigh it down. Do it every night until the dog ears lay down nicely.

carterazo

viendo carteras
O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
OMG Glue? LOL!

Try storing your bag on a doorknob every night and letting the long strap hang down. Then put something heavt like on the long strap to weigh it down. Do it every night until the dog ears lay down nicely.
Crazy, huh?

Good idea about hanging it while weighing down the long strap. I may not need to experiment with crazy glue or goop at all... :nuts:

TooManyWantMore

LV Content
Dec 11, 2012
I've seen the ones that have been used for a while and they do relax and lay down. I would not use glue. Give it a little time.

brooksgirl425

Sep 2, 2012
New Mexico
I don't have a gathered Juliette but I have it in jade, I have been using it for almost a week straight and the sides are laying down. I try to tuck the shoulder strap under the bag when I am carrying it which I think helps it lay down some too.

carterazo

viendo carteras
O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I've seen the ones that have been used for a while and they do relax and lay down. I would not use glue. Give it a little time.
See, I want to move into this bag quickly and carry it without the strap - which means the ears will stick out. Patience..... I know. :upsidedown:

carterazo

viendo carteras
O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I don't have a gathered Juliette but I have it in jade, I have been using it for almost a week straight and the sides are laying down. I try to tuck the shoulder strap under the bag when I am carrying it which I think helps it lay down some too.
I guess part of my issue is the strap - which can be easily removed, but without it, the ears stand up... :shame:

CeeBe

Oct 25, 2012
Ok, this has nothing to do with the question but it reminded me of when I bought my mom a wallet for Mother's Day. It was a zip around wallet with a buckle decoration. She never used it and told me a few months down the line that she didn't like it. She wanted to cut the buckle off!!!! I was like, oh heck no... I'll return it and give you the money instead! Lol.

I think the Juliette being so soft will definitely settle over time. Have patience :smile: Its a beautiful bag.

Jan 23, 2013
New Jersey
Ahh you can't glue juliette haha!:roflmfao: As mentioned by another TPFer, the leather is so soft and it will calm down. The smooth leather calms down fast so maybe the gathered only takes a little more time. Goodluck!

Jun 15, 2009
I dont sit my bags on the floor so I would never glue it - OMG NO glue please...I would rather try and deal with it rather than glue it......

PickyCoachLover

MoreRoseGoldPlease
O.G.
Jun 9, 2010
Girl...if you can't deal with it, let it go. I had the same exact problem with the baby sages. I LOVED them but the strap was not heavy enough (like on the larger ones) to calm those ears down. It drove me absolutely nuts and I ended up selling it. I almost bought the Juliette in hot pink, but I knew those ears would bug me so I got the Lindsey instead.
I am with you, I just cannot do "ears". Lol!

PiojisPink

Pink Lover
O.G.
Aug 11, 2009
South Florida
The ears will go down on the Juliette, I wear bright marine gathered Juliette a lot and it's pretty trained now. I don't use the longer strap but I still let it hang

AndagainSalvage

Team Haverchuck
Aug 1, 2010
Yikes. I just bought the gathered Juliette in hot pink today. I ordered it from the store because it wasn't in yet. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I will when it shows up in the mail! I'm still not 100% sure I'm even going to keep it, as it seems a bit on the small side....and the handles aren't big enough to throw over my shoulder which I'm not sure I will like.