A Rose by Any Other Name

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
So it looks like my hunt for a small/medium wallet could be over -- finally!:yahoo:
After searching everywhere for what seems like forever, I finally found what I was looking for on the MJ website. It was only available in one color (altho it was the color I ended up getting), so I called my SA to see if by any chance they had them in the stores. They didn't but the store in NY had them, so she transferred one in every color so that I could see them in person and decide (in the meantime, they received their own shipment of the same wallets!)

This is the "New Zip Wallet" in Rose (it also comes in Black, Petal & Light Grey - which is really Beige/Light Taupe - not really grey). I was tempted by the Light Grey - I liked the color a lot, but after selling my Red LZW I've been wanting a wallet in a bright color. It's a little thicker than I was expecting, but I think it should be fine inside my smaller bags.

The color is very hard to capture on film. It's a mauve-like pink shade. Not as dark as Washed Rose from a few years ago, but it does have some brownish undertones to it. I really like the color (I was actually considering a bag in this color!)

attachment.php

Attachments

• NW001b.JPG
    NW001b.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,769
I think the pics of the inside capture the color most accurately

attachment.php

Attachments

• NW007f.JPG
    NW007f.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 464
  • NW008.JPG
    NW008.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 60
  • NW009a.JPG
    NW009a.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 67
The style's so cute and the color is so pretty, JJ! It looks like it'd be perfect for your smaller bags. And it seems to be relatively similar to the Miu Miu one in your wishlist. :smile:

I also picked up something from MbyMJ's second markdown on shoes.
I've always wanted a pair of the original ones (from F08), but these are pretty darned close. I wish they were black, but the color is dark enough that I think they're going to be just fine (and I wear so much black and grey anyhow, it's not like they'll clash with my outfit!)

These are Flat Buckle Boots in Red (the color's darker than they look in these pics - the flash makes them look lighter than they really are)

Attachments

• BuckleBoots03.JPG
    BuckleBoots03.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 66
  • BuckleBoots02.JPG
    BuckleBoots02.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 84
  • BuckleBoots01a.JPG
    BuckleBoots01a.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 59
  • BuckleBoots01.JPG
    BuckleBoots01.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 67
I have one more thing to share -- when I went to the boutique to pick up my wallet, my SA told me that Lil Marc had gone to second markdown so everything was now 70% off. I went nuts when the spring/summer line went down, and I guess you could say I went just as nuts with fall/winter!! (how can I not when a $120 cardigan is $32??)

These won't fit her for a little while, but they will eventually and there was no way I could pass them up. They're originally $100 shoes, but they were included in the markdown so they were only $30!! They are so wonderfully soft - I wish I could wear them!! Kaylee saw these during one of our trips to the boutique earlier this season, so I can't wait until she sees them! (I can't decide if I want to give them to her for Xmas, even tho they're too big and she can't really wear them yet)

I'm not going to show it all here, but I also got her the cardigan, a dress, a top, a pair of a leggings and a pair of sox -- all of it (including the shows!) for <$150!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• LilMarc 001.JPG
    LilMarc 001.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 456
  • LilMarc 002.JPG
    LilMarc 002.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 58
  • LilMarc 003.JPG
    LilMarc 003.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
the wallet is very cute JJ and i love that shade of rose..
I got the same boots (I'm still waiting for them to arrive) and I also bought the black one :biggrin: yeah, I went nuts!
and now you're telling me that Lil Marc is on sale as well :nuts: I need to get some for my niece!! do they still have large selection over there?

Lil Marc is on sale?!? i need to tell my friend (who's super petite!)

anyways, love love your new wallet! the color is really pretty, and i'm a huge fan of the lock on it. your boots are cute too! congrats!

thanks girls!:hugs:
There was a pretty good selection of Lil Marc, but not sure about sizes -- I got lucky & they had the sizes I needed for the things I wanted. As for the shoes, they only had two pair of them left - one was a 29, the other was a 30 (I bought the 29's). I think she said the largest size they came in was a 35 (which is the equivalent of a 5, I think she said).

Indi -- did you get the black buckle boots w/a heel or were they the flat ones? I really wanted the flat black ones, but she told me that they sold out before 2nd markdown (I hope that was true & it isn't another situation like the last buckle boots - that's what they told me then & the next day, someone here mentioned buying the last pair from our store & they were my size!)

:woohoo: iluvmybags-- I love the color of that wallet!!! It is absolutely stunning!!! I also love that you got all of that for your daughter for only $150!!! Too bad Seattle is yet to get a Marc Jacobs store!!:biggrin: