A Reveal from TM Era

Just received this new to me tote. It is in excellent condition with no visible sign of wear. The leather is just gorgeous and feels good but bag is a little heavy when empty. I love the bag for its uniqueness but not sure whether to keep though. If I keep the bag likely will not carry it much but will from time to time bring it out from closet to admire it and shower it with tender loving care :smile:

Btw anyone knows whether this bag is a cabat? Heard original price of this bag is more than USD6K!

View attachment 5099864
So so gorgeous - but in the end, if you can't/won't carry it due to weight, it's an expensive knick-knack, yes? BUT - never to be made again, in perfect condition - throw your wallet, keys, and phone in it and call it a day - the bag does not have to be full to be useful. :sunshine:

@Jam2 I thought you’d like to see the original post about this bag from back in 2010.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/white-ivory-cream-color-family-pics-only.246367/#post-14314156
Thanks for the link, which I have missed it while browsing for more info on this bag. Was not aware that the bag is more than 10 years old! Thought it was just 5 to 6 years… Nevertheless the bag is in amazing condition and the leather too. Only thing missing is the inner pouch.

79CF76E8-E2C7-4211-ADFD-2F118A6851DB.jpeg
5C2B67FC-05AD-494A-BABE-58EFADD6D7EB.jpeg

010AAFA1-6973-4CC7-B72C-EB2CE23D219D.jpeg

I could not stop myself from admiring the bag for its gorgeous leather, and would like to share more pictures of the yummy leather :smile:

Thanks for the link, which I have missed it while browsing for more info on this bag. Was not aware that the bag is more than 10 years old! Thought it was just 5 to 6 years… Nevertheless the bag is in amazing condition and the leather too. Only thing missing is the inner pouch.

View attachment 5102455
View attachment 5102456

View attachment 5102454

I could not stop myself from admiring the bag for its gorgeous leather, and would like to share more pictures of the yummy leather :smile:
It is yummy ... and knowing it's double the amount of leather really explains the weight. This bag will last forever. :smile:

View attachment 5102455
View attachment 5102456

View attachment 5102454

i have drooled over the keyboard :drool: :drool: :drool:

I really like how the leather looks almost like beautifully woven straw!

If the weight is an issue, especially if it's mean to be an arm-carry bag(?), I have an idea, though it may be controversial. You could unbuckle the leather straps and swap them for longer canvas straps in a matching shade of khaki. I bet you could find a seamstress/shoemaker/Etsy craftsperson to do that. Maybe the weight would be more manageable that way, for more casual wear.

Reactions: jbags07 and weezer
I really like how the leather looks almost like beautifully woven straw!

If the weight is an issue, especially if it's mean to be an arm-carry bag(?), I have an idea, though it may be controversial. You could unbuckle the leather straps and swap them for longer canvas straps in a matching shade of khaki. I bet you could find a seamstress/shoemaker/Etsy craftsperson to do that. Maybe the weight would be more manageable that way, for more casual wear.

Thanks for your idea, will give it a try. This bag can be carried on the shoulder as the strap is adjustable but the weight comes from the main body of bag.

Though mini cabat and Lido bag are almost similar in size but mini cabat looks good when carried on shoulder as the leather is soft and manageable, whereas this Lido bag looks bulky due to the ‘heavy’ look of the gorgeous leather. I think the Lido bag looks better when hand carried as the whole bag can be seen for its beauty rather than partially ‘hidden’ under the arm

Aaaah a bag after my own heart! I am popping into the forum after much time away - as you can see from my avatar this bag was one of my last great purchases. I rarely use mine either because our lifestyle changed not long after that, but it will probably always be a guilty pleasure of mine. As a footnote, this bag was featured on the cover of that season’s catalog - Spring/Summer 2010. It was also featured in their ad campaign.

Congratulations on your stunning BV!
BE0CECC4-8486-468C-A6BF-400097D459E4.jpeg 5EDCC2EB-B273-47A2-BF06-9A297000DDA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Aaaah a bag after my own heart! I am popping into the forum after much time away - as you can see from my avatar this bag was one of my last great purchases. I rarely use mine either because our lifestyle changed not long after that, but it will probably always be a guilty pleasure of mine. As a footnote, this bag was featured on the cover of that season’s catalog - Spring/Summer 2010. It was also featured in their ad campaign.

Congratulations on your stunning BV!
View attachment 5106884 View attachment 5106889
Happy to know that those who have this bag and/or similar bag are enjoying theirs even though it is rarely used. The bag seems to be kept as part of a collection, wishlist, heirloom piece etc.

I like how the bag is featured in the catalogue, so dreamy and feminine. Thanks for sharing this!