A reveal...any guesses??

Keep it Fuzzy it's lovely and especially if it will act as a reminder of your dad for you. I lost mine to cancer too and it was very sudden so understand how raw it must be. I carry my dad's wallet and somehow it keeps him close to me.

That's the only problem with having bright bags isn't it, I was carrying burnt orange Daria hobo and pulled out my purple purse & realised they looked ghastly together!

Really sorry to hear about your dad Fuzzy. I think it's a shock, no matter how much you think you'r prepared for it. One day at a time :hugs: What a lovely thing you and your sis are doing with his wedding ring.

Love the purse and I agree with the others that it will be nice to have something wonderful and classic like this to remember him by.

Really sorry to hear about your dad Fuzzy. I think it's a shock, no matter how much you think you'r prepared for it. One day at a time :hugs: What a lovely thing you and your sis are doing with his wedding ring..

Ita agree with that. What a lovely idea for his ring. Sorry for your loss fuzzyfelt and your loss too elvis.

Sorry for your loss Elvis, my dad had cancer too - it had been a long time coming and he'd gone downhill dramatically since christmas, but it still came as a shock when he finally passed away, if that makes sense. I think the oak will remind me of him, you are right...maybe that's part of the uncertainty as it's all so raw at the moment, but in time I'm hoping it will only bring good memories :smile: My sister & I are having his wedding ring split in two and plated in white gold (as neither of us are yellow gold wearers), so I will have that in a couple of weeks too :biggrin:

Your necklace sounds great, it's nice to have something so special :hugs:

Fuzzy - it takes a lot of time- silly little things can trigger tears- I lost it in Somerfield months after dad died as they had a huge promotion for horlicks-it was all he could get down for the last few months and I had to force feed him like a baby- I sobbed like a baby in public- thankfully the staff knew me!! I know exactly how you feel- I knew dad was dying and was with him at the end but still felt the same shock and grief as if it had been unexpected and people kept saying "well at least you knew and could prepare"- you cant- and you have to take it a day at a time. For ages I stared at photos of my dad in happier times for hours on end but couldnt get out of my head how he looked at the end- but eventually that faded and I can now remember him how he used to be and smile- you take care and take it at your own pace

Last edited:
Thanks all so much for your kind words, today was particularly awful as we were allowed to view dad at the chapel of rest - a truly horrendous experience that I would never wish to repeat, but yes I can look at my purse and smile, it's been with me today :biggrin:

Elvis and Fuzzy, sorry to hear of your losses. I know it sounds a bit mad, but objects can represent so much more than what they actually are, such as your dad's ring Fuzzy, and now your lovely purse too. I bought my pre-loved Roxy with money that my godmother left to me, it seemed like a crazy amount of money to spend on a bag (I'm learning of course that it's so not!) but I know she'd be pleased I had such a beautiful thing, and it reminds me of her and keeps her with me, in a way.

I am the same Ellie May, I was so excited when I had the call to say York had a fucshia large Mabel in and then it went and arrived at my door earlier than expected on my Grandma's birthday (she was called Mabel!!!) Very strange but I smile whenever I look at her.

The chapel of rest can be just horrible, very glad your new purse is bringing you smiles. Thinking of you :hugs: