A Reveal: Alexa The Great!

ElainePG

Purse Princess
Oct 3, 2013
My tPF friend Izzy48 has a stunning collection of Mulberry bags and... knowing how important quality is to me... has been encouraging me to dip a toe in the Mulberry waters. In June, Izzy sent me a PM... Mulberry was having a sale! And she was positive that I would love one of the bags in the sale, in particular... because she already owns it!

May I present... for your viewing pleasure... at 30% off... the Alexa, in Pheasant Green. The leather is called "shrunken calf," but don't let that put you off... it is a glorious texture. All the bumps and ridges are a wonderful contrast to the sleek shine of the soft gold hardware.

First impressions, as my mother always told me, are critical. Just opening the box was a treat... I simply had to share it with you!
Photo 1: The handbag comes in a great big enormous heavy cardboard box. I will have to find a very special use for this box... there is no way I am throwing it away!
Photo 2: Look at the workmanship that goes into the box! I love the way the lid folds back on itself.
Photo 3: Even the ribbons are monogrammed!
Photo 4: When you lift the box out of the shopping bag, look what you see on the bottom of the bag! Honestly, these people think of everything!

Attachments

• Alexa1.jpg
    Alexa1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 854
  • Alexa2.jpg
    Alexa2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 856
  • Alexa3.jpg
    Alexa3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 855
  • Alexa4.jpg
    Alexa4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 851
Alright, already! When are we going to see the Alexa?
Photo 1: First, let's unwrap it. It comes in a heavy-weight monogrammed dust protector, of COURSE.
Photo 2: Ta-da! Yes, it really is this color green.
Photo 3: The satchel handle is braided... or "plaited," as the Mulberry people say. It feels simply wonderful to hold.
Photo 4: Everywhere you look, there are exquisite little touches. The fabric lining of the bag is covered with teeny little mulberry trees. And there is a gold mulberry tree below the zippered pocket. It doesn't do anything; it just sits there looking classy.

Attachments

• Alexa8.jpg
    Alexa8.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 875
  • Alexa7.jpg
    Alexa7.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 848
  • Alexa6.jpg
    Alexa6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 864
  • Alexa5.jpg
    Alexa5.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 869
The bag is so gorgeous, I simply can't stop photographing it!
Photo 1: Doesn't the soft gold hardware look amazing against the Pheasant Green leather?
Photo 2: If you look closely, you will see another teeny mulberry tree above the buckle.
Photo 3: At 13" across, this bag holds quite a bit without feeling overstuffed: my Prada trifold wallet, two Rebecca Minkoff Cory pouches, my iPhone, a leather jotter and pen, two sets of keys, and a Toddy cloth to clean my glasses.
Photo 4: The bag can be carried as a shoulder strap (shown here) or as a cross body. At barely 5' tall, I should probably have my cobbler punch a few extra holes if I'm serious about carrying it as a shoulder strap.
Photo 5: Or, I can follow the instructions on this YouTube video to make the strap super short without any cutting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvkP7JDfrd4 . Then it will look like this. I'm not so sure if this is as good a look, though. What do you think?

Attachments

• Alexa9.jpg
    Alexa9.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 858
  • Alexa10.jpg
    Alexa10.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 848
  • Alexa11.jpg
    Alexa11.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 840
  • Alexa12b.jpg
    Alexa12b.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 844
  • Alexa12a.jpg
    Alexa12a.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 836
Welcome to the forum, Elaine, and congratulations on your gorgeous first Mulberry purchase! :smile: Be warned - it's a very slippery slope you're now on! ;)

It's lovely to hear the enthusiasm and joy in your voice as you describe your beautiful Lexy; I think a lot of us now almost overlook the little details and it's good to be reminded of them. I didn't realise that the packaging has become so lovely - all of my bags have arrived in a Mulberry carrier bag flapping around inside a cardboard box! Did you get a glorious rush of "Mulberry leather scent" when you opened the box?! I always adore that!

As to your Lexy; she's totally stunning! I have a Small Bayswater Satchel in pheasant green but not in this shrunken calf, which really suits the Alexa. I love that you can wear Lexy across the body, on the shoulder or in the hand and the little slide pocket inside the front panel is so handy for a phone. I'm sure that you'll have years of happiness with her; do let us see a modelling shot, if you have a chance!

Carry her in good health! :smile:

I can't keep up with your photos!! ;) She really suits you and the colour is divine. I hadn't realised that you are in California; I just assumed that you were another late bird like myself! As it's now 1:15am I'm off to bed, but thank you again for your enthusiastic and detailed reveal, together with amazing photos!

Last edited:
Elaine - your photos are just gorgeous! I love the detailed photos - they really help us appreciate the beauty of your bag. And boy - she is BEAUTIFUL! I love the color - absolutely stunning! And she looks PERFECT on you!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing purchase, Elaine! :biggrin:

P.S. Fim's cake is a great match for your bag, isn't it? ;)

And now, far more to the point...Elaine, your new Alexa is beyond stunning. And you carry it splendidly. It isn't only the unparalleled quality of the bag's style, leather, and hardware. It's the rededication Mulberry has made to its original ethos. Every nuance of a luxury purchase was meticulously and faithfully executed. Your pleasure in the exquisite packaging, the painstaking customer service, all harken back to Mulberry's original premise. Congratulations!

Oh, now I remember, I read your 50-ish thread and I think you gave a hint about this. I can't recall exactly what you said but what I remember is my impression - that something Mulberry will be coming your way! So finally! Congrats! This is very pretty! Love Fim's cake too. :smile:

I hope to have a Mulberry next year. I'm on a ban now, my last purchase was the MJ mini Stam which you helped me decide on (not sure if you remember).:smile:

Wow Elaine love love love the pictures. Congratulations on your first purchase It is soooo gorgeous and it really suits you. I was undecided between the pavement grey and the pheasant green in the sales but saw a few shrunken calf ones in real life and it really is luck of the draw how the grain is, I didn't want to take the chance so went pavement grey instead. I have to say the grain pattern on yours is stunning!!!! Enjoy your gorgeous bag xxx

Elaine, your Lexy is stunning!!! I have no words to express how lovely this bag is on you!!! Of course, you know I would adore the color:loveeyes: But, the leather is incredible....And, I love every little detail!
I know you two will be very happy together for many years to come:smile:). Congratulations!