A reveal & a before/after

LizzieAlexa

Mar 17, 2014
Hi ladies... I haven't posted here much so hope i'm doing this right... I recently came into possession of a new-to-me bag & wanted to share... many thanks to the ladies on the authenticate thread for their help & patience:

77F25D5A-57EA-4235-8343-A462EE58A56F_zpsk4dwfmff.jpg

Not sure if these pics are going to come out huge but I don't have the technical know-how to resize so please forgive me :faint:

B7D4C5D1-E333-4F73-8922-E6C9BDC76EC6_zpseyeuvvdc.jpg

Rather a LARGE dust bag... must be a...

...poorly Bays??

0C0AA17D-333F-4A24-A226-348A4A1DD8E9_zps3gkuvb8k.jpg

In the above pic she looks like she has a lovely patina but in daylight that wasn't the case. She was very dried out & tired... her piping is all gone on each corner & her lock is scratched :nogood:

So after lots of reading on here & also on the Hermès leather care thread on TPF I stuffed her, wiped her, conditioned her & treated her to almost a full jar of Collonil (over about a month). Here is a pic of her all cleaned up with nothing inside - she is very slouchcy:

672C0C0E-87C8-4CE0-91DB-EE8B6F20D703_zps4wceegcp.jpg

& here with a Samorga liner/organiser (actually an Alexa size but I find it makes my Lexie look over full) & just after being nuked with Collonil spray:

0E450C68-DB8C-4190-9566-A3268DDEF8E1_zpsg8yeqqcu.jpg

Very full (too full) of my work stuff:

04F86D04-7701-407E-B08D-CF6A00518002_zpsa6keuhum.jpg

She needs buffing up tomorrow so maybe i'll post a pic once the patina is really glowing. I am going to send her back to Mulberry soon for new piping & maybe a new lock (do they still engrave initials - anyone know??). Overall i'm pleased with how she turned out. IRL she has a lovely patina that the camera can't seem to capture.

Hope you like!

Hi I'm new too - when you say new piping do you mean replacing of the handles?
It's a gorgeous bag and the more I see the ones with the wear on them the more I think I like them.

Thanks for sharing x

Hi ladies... I haven't posted here much so hope i'm doing this right... I recently came into possession of a new-to-me bag & wanted to share... many thanks to the ladies on the authenticate thread for their help & patience:

77F25D5A-57EA-4235-8343-A462EE58A56F_zpsk4dwfmff.jpg

Not sure if these pics are going to come out huge but I don't have the technical know-how to resize so please forgive me :faint:

B7D4C5D1-E333-4F73-8922-E6C9BDC76EC6_zpseyeuvvdc.jpg

Rather a LARGE dust bag... must be a...

...poorly Bays??

0C0AA17D-333F-4A24-A226-348A4A1DD8E9_zps3gkuvb8k.jpg

In the above pic she looks like she has a lovely patina but in daylight that wasn't the case. She was very dried out & tired... her piping is all gone on each corner & her lock is scratched :nogood:

So after lots of reading on here & also on the Hermès leather care thread on TPF I stuffed her, wiped her, conditioned her & treated her to almost a full jar of Collonil (over about a month). Here is a pic of her all cleaned up with
She needs buffing up tomorrow so maybe i'll post a pic once the patina is really glowing. I am going to send her back to Mulberry soon for new piping & maybe a new lock (do they still engrave initials - anyone know??). Overall i'm pleased with how she turned out. IRL she has a lovely patina that the camera can't seem to capture.

Hope you like!

Great job, even more so if you a newbie, fantastic! I always feel when you put all that effort in it makes them so much more special and you treasure them. Unbelievable the way some people treat there babes!

The Samorga liners are fabulous, make such a difference. They have opened up so many more possibilities to me when I am looking for another bag.

Can't wait to see what she looks like when re-piped and new lock plate , she will glow :biggrin: if you can pick up a bargain I find Mulberriy repairs quite reasonable. £100 for piping transforms a bag and not much extra for the lock. None of my bags have heavily scratched lock plates, I don't now what people do to get them in that state. Totally abused but can't think why anyone would treat an expensive bag that way, must just have too much money I guess;)