A "recovery" bag

mlgnlg

O.G.
Oct 21, 2007
Hey TPFers,

Had been really a long time since I had done any posts.

Had a break-up with my partner of 6 years last June and had been trying to recover and get back up since. Been drowning myself in work and all that. Now that my birthday's approaching, I decided that enough is enough. This cannot go on.

So in essence, what would be a good buy to satiate a "recovering" person?

M

I'm sorry about your breakup, I can only imagine how difficult that was but H is a wonderful remedy :balloon: In this case I say go for something that takes your breath away and makes you happy just thinking about it - forget practicality and all that. Good luck, and here's to new beginnings! :drinkup:

The most expensive bag that you can comfortably afford, for sure.
I don't know how much you wanna spend, but if it was me, I'd think a little Kelly is nice to have - to show that you're independent woman, and ready to move on and have fun.

The most expensive bag that you can comfortably afford, for sure.
I don't know how much you wanna spend, but if it was me, I'd think a little Kelly is nice to have - to show that you're independent woman, and ready to move on and have fun. Pretty much a bag that when you look at it, you can say "let's take it out for a ride and rock it"

something that thrills you! whether it be the style, the color or both. There are lots of fun new colors in Garden Party's these days...........The great things about any Hermes bag is that they really arent trendy. You will have it forever to remember your turning point!

sorry to hear this. i was reminded once before that when one door closes, another will open. i don't have a lindy, but it seems to be the popular choice right now.

Something that makes you feel gorgeous, independent and confident.
Something that when you look at it you think: I deserve this and I earned it.
It belongs to you and you only need to please yourself.
How great is that?
Franky I think there is a lot to be said for being your own person.

Something that makes you feel gorgeous, independent and confident.
Something that when you look at it you think: I deserve this and I earned it.
It belongs to you and you only need to please yourself.
How great is that?
Franky I think there is a lot to be said for being your own person.

Great advice :biggrin: ITA

mlgnlg, sorry to read about your breakup. It'd be hard but you just have to move on in order to start a new phase of life. As for remedy in Hermes bags, there are many options for this season men's collection.

It'd be nice to have a SO, customizing in the way you want. Do not start off with an impulse purchase which you'd regret for many years to come. But, if you find a good bag that impresses you when visit H, go for it. How about jewellery/leather bracelets? Maybe the new studded leather bracelet?

How about a clutch like Kelly Pochette or Kelly Cut? Maybe in exotic to make it extra special? Definitely splurge on yourself...you deserve it! Have fun shopping, and best wishes to you as you move on to bigger and better things!

Something you really feel good carrying-- I think what that bag might be would be different for everyone (I would kill for Vermillion or Rouge Garrance, but if you're a neutrals person, I don't think they'd make you feel anything but self-conscious) but so long as carrying it makes you feel a million dollars, that's what counts.

Good luck with your decision! :heart: