a questions for vietnamese...or asians in general...

I'm Vietnamese and go to a Vietnamese owned nail salon too. Sometimes they say nice things and sometimes they said bad things, haha. Just this week, some lady said how my face looked me and I wanted to be like uhhh, you I can understand you right, but I just smiled at her. Most of the time they're really nice though.

I think it just depends on the place. The place I go to now doesn't talk about the customers that awesome but some of the other places I've been OMG, seems like they have something to say about every customer that comes in. One time a white man came in to get his nails done and they were fighting over who would get to do him because he looked rich. Yuck, made me sick just being there and having to hear them!! :yucky:

:wtf:

My nail place is owned by a Vietnamese couple and she is quite loud while he is quite quiet. On the rare occassion I have to get my nails filled elsewhere, the other salon I go to is staffed by Asians and they do speak very, very quietly to one another.

I have not noticed what the OP is talking about. But I can say that I think the Vietnamese are genius for undercutting the prices of mani/pedi and taking over the industry. Remember before the vietnamese came to America? Mani/pedi was like, $75 and with tip almost $100! Crazy! OK, back to topic.

I have not noticed what the OP is talking about. But I can say that I think the Vietnamese are genius for undercutting the prices of mani/pedi and taking over the industry. Remember before the vietnamese came to America? Mani/pedi was like, $75 and with tip almost $100! Crazy! OK, back to topic.

Yikes. I pay $12 for a full set and $8 for my pedi. :graucho:

Yikes. I pay $12 for a full set and $8 for my pedi. :graucho:

That is exactly what I mean! Back before they arrived nail care was expensive, way to expensive. Now they price is where people can afford it and the overpriced nail techs have, with the exception of a handful here and there, been run out of business. Genius!

i'm hispanic, and i know that my family and all the other latino families i know, are suuuuper loud... so i was wondering if this was a cultural difference or is it just these two nail salons?

Hahahahaha, well I am Latina and my husband is Korean. I dont know if it is because of me and my family but he has became pretty loud too. I dont think he was always like this, I think I made him this way :lol:

Yikes. I pay $12 for a full set and $8 for my pedi.

I'm not in the US and I don't go to places like Vo's Nails (don't know if you have them in the US but they are really cheap nail salons on every corner staffed by Asian techs) but the Vietnamese couple I go to charge $40 for a new set of gel nails and $35 for a fill.

The salon I go to for pedis charges $45.

Both of these places are considered inexpensive for here.

ETA - a friend of mine gets pedis at those really cheap places but she is always moaning about how hers chip so easily and mine last so much longer.

Last edited:
^ I never had a problem with my nails. I have naturally long nails, but I get acrylics just so the polish stays put for weeks. And my place is so cheap I end up going more often to switch colors!

Yikes. I pay $12 for a full set and $8 for my pedi.

that's VERY SAD:nogood::nogood: