A question

MilesAway2015

Jan 1, 2015
Hello @All
I just have a question...
Do u guys often get into the situation about being asked how much u pay for the chanel products?
It happened a few times this week because i took my Gabrielle Hobo Bag with me...
They ask and when i tell them how much i payed (though i never say the real prices, i always lie a bit about that...lol) they look at me like i was from mars. Haha...
I don't know what they think? It is no random Michael Kors Bag and i do sometimes feel like spending money on cars and several vacations per year are much more tolerated.
But it is my business after all...i work fulltime and go to one long vacation by plane every year. I prefer to spend the rest of my money on Chanel and clothing instead of spreading the money on more vacations, cars and clubbing...

A wise woman once taught me the response:

"I will forgive you for asking, if you forgive me for not responding." Or something to that nature.

I agree it may sound a bit harsh. However, unless those asking are your very best pals, who might be seeking to purchase the same [insert luxury item here. . .], and chances are, that is rarely the case, the very nature of someone asking you is plain RUDE! :mad: And it is truly none of their business.

This happened to me actually.
When I wore LV this summer they've asked me few times where I bought it from :confused1: which is obviously the LV shop !!! I reckon that I was in a country that doesn't have high end shops but still ...

Otherwise yeah few times I was asked the price and how could I afford it :annoyed:

I also think replying something vague works well for me "too much" or "a lot"

If it was a friend who I know cares about luxury bags and wants to buy a chanel. I give the approximate price

Reactions: Law
I cannot imagine why anyone lets this bother them, don't waste another minute thinking about it. People will always justify money spent on their own passions and disregard things that are unimportant to them.

Reactions: Fab41
Funny thing, my bff's husband suggested that if I'm carrying a $5,000 bag... I should be carrying way more cash than the bag's value. (Credir cards don't prevail here)

Weirdly justifiably. But I don't :noworry:.

Funny thing, my bff's husband suggested that if I'm carrying a $5,000 bag... I should be carrying way more cash than the bag's value. (Credir cards don't prevail here)

Wow! I don't know anyone who carries that much cash based on a bag's value. I would be super paranoid that something might happen and I would lose both the purse and the cash.

Me personally, I could carry an expensive purse and have just $10 in my wallet because I don't want to have a reason to spend money! The cost of a bag should not dictate how much money someone should have in it.

A wise woman once taught me the response:

"I will forgive you for asking, if you forgive me for not responding." Or something to that nature.

I agree it may sound a bit harsh. However, unless those asking are your very best pals, who might be seeking to purchase the same [insert luxury item here. . .], and chances are, that is rarely the case, the very nature of someone asking you is plain RUDE! :mad: And it is truly none of their business.
Perfect:tup:

Oh my.
Sorry, but his response is dumb.
Following same logic, an expensive car should have its seats stuffed with paper money. With shiny coins stuck into tire treads.:confused1:

Besides the obvious saftely reasons, I'm also sort of private when it comes to things like this. I don't even like answering the "how much" question when my closest friends (who are not really into designer anything) ask, leave alone when strangers do. I, however, don't get upset when I'm bump into questions like these once in a while. I usually don't see any ill-intent behind it, 'cause from my experience, they seem to roll out in a very impulsive, without-a-second-thought way.
With strangers, I always smile, pull closer and say: "Well, I do know the real one costs a lot"

Reactions: Kendie26 and Tulip2

That is absurd. If someone snatches your purse? You've lost your expensive purse and $5,000 in cash.