A question on 14B mini

daisydai

O.G.
Mar 14, 2012
Hi, ladies...
I just bought a mini from NM. blue carviar 14B. However, I suspect that it is made of iridescent carviar although my SA said that it is regular carviar. I brought it home and found that on the box: 14B A69900, Y06500, FLAPBAG, IRI GRA CAL/MW 97364 BLUE
UNI. Can any of you help me to interpretate all these? I wonder whether the IRI GRA CAL means iridescent carviar? It does look shinier and smoothier and not as "dry" as the iridescent carviar in my imagination...
Please help me ... I am thinking of returning it if it is not regular carviar.

Hi, ladies...
I just bought a mini from NM. blue carviar 14B. However, I suspect that it is made of iridescent carviar although my SA said that it is regular carviar. I brought it home and found that on the box: 14B A69900, Y06500, FLAPBAG, IRI GRA CAL/MW 97364 BLUE
UNI. Can any of you help me to interpretate all these? I wonder whether the IRI GRA CAL means iridescent carviar? It does look shinier and smoothier and not as "dry" as the iridescent carviar in my imagination...
Please help me ... I am thinking of returning it if it is not regular carviar.

Seasonal bags are pretty much never made of "regular" caviar. "Iridescent" means many things to Chanel, from rubbery dust magnets to soft and shiny. This word literally means whatever Chanel wants it to mean at the moment. The "IRI GRA CAL" is iridescent grained calf, with the grained calf being caviar and the iridescent meaning whatever you see in front of you.

Seasonal bags are pretty much never made of "regular" caviar. "Iridescent" means many things to Chanel, from rubbery dust magnets to soft and shiny. This word literally means whatever Chanel wants it to mean at the moment. The "IRI GRA CAL" is iridescent grained calf, with the grained calf being caviar and the iridescent meaning whatever you see in front of you.
Thanks so much Tutu, you are so knowledgeble on Chanels!. Appreciate it very much for your shared infor. So is it true that if I want a non-black / non-beige mini carviar flap (means different color), the chances are never the stiff/firm/strong/shiny looking carviars which I had for my black bags?

Thanks so much Tutu, you are so knowledgeble on Chanels!. Appreciate it very much for your shared infor. So is it true that if I want a non-black / non-beige mini carviar flap (means different color), the chances are never the stiff/firm/strong/shiny looking carviars which I had for my black bags?

You have the same chance of finding a "regular caviar" mini in any color; pretty much don't count on it. If you want "regular caviar" these days, you have to buy a M/L or larger in the classic flap.

So is there anyway to predict or tell which "iridescent carviar" will be dust magnets ?

Not really. But you can tell them when you feel them. They feel rubbery and matte and many of them (like last year's hot pink) have parts rubbed off new in the box. If your new mini is shiny, then it's not the rubbery dust magnet kind of iridescent, but it's also not the regular caviar of the classics.

I just bought the 14B grey caviar mini and square black caviar mini. Leather code is also Y06500 for both bags. They are both shiny and smooth. If this is the iridescent caviar that people so afraid of, I could totally live with that. :smile:

My 14S black caviar mini also says iridescent grain caviar on the box but it's not soft or iridescent at all. I hope this is some consolation and thanks Tutu for solving the questions I have for a while! I feel whatever on the box isn't always relevant!

I just bought the 14B grey caviar mini and square black caviar mini. Leather code is also Y06500 for both bags. They are both shiny and smooth. If this is the iridescent caviar that people so afraid of, I could totally live with that. :smile:

My 14S black caviar mini also says iridescent grain caviar on the box but it's not soft or iridescent at all. I hope this is some consolation and thanks Tutu for solving the questions I have for a while! I feel whatever on the box isn't always relevant!

As I said, "iridescent" means many things to Chanel, from rubbery dust magnets to soft and shiny. This word literally means whatever Chanel wants it to mean at the moment. The "IRI GRA CAL" is iridescent grained calf, with the grained calf being caviar and the iridescent meaning whatever you see in front of you. This season/moment, the iridescent means soft (i.e.not the regular hard 00V caviar) shiny grained calf (which means caviar...or sort of caviar...it's grained versus 00V pebbled...Chanel's semantics), which is not the bad dust magnet horrible kind. :smile:

;) lucky you... you got the two dreamed bags I was dreaming... could you post some picture, model pics and the comparation of the two bags? the square one seems not to be cross-body...

As I said, "iridescent" means many things to Chanel, from rubbery dust magnets to soft and shiny. This word literally means whatever Chanel wants it to mean at the moment. The "IRI GRA CAL" is iridescent grained calf, with the grained calf being caviar and the iridescent meaning whatever you see in front of you. This season/moment, the iridescent means soft (i.e.not the regular hard 00V caviar) shiny grained calf (which means caviar...or sort of caviar...it's grained versus 00V pebbled...Chanel's semantics), which is not the bad dust magnet horrible kind. :smile:
why do people afraid of that kind of caviar? Some caviar are dust magnet ? Couldn't imagine....