a question of cherry blossoms

tinsleystyle

*pirate smile*
O.G.
Mar 21, 2008
Hello, lovely ladies! :smile:

I have a question for experts on the LV cherry blossom line. I recently bought two pochettes, the brown and the white. I got the brown one first and was super-excited to carry it, and then today I got the white/pink one! However, when I was comparing the two bags I noticed a difference in the cherry blossoms:

cb_brown.JPG
cb_pink.JPG

As you can see, the dark pink line on the outer-edge of the blossoms is MUCH thicker on the brown bag than it is on the pink one. Has anybody ever encountered this problem before? Does this mean one of them isn't authentic? I thought that the dust bag on one looked a little bit shifty (they were different! are they supposed to be different?) but before I start freaking out in earnest I wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks so much! :love:

I would recommend taking photos of each of the bags, and posting them in the Authenticate This! thread.

Each bag should have the following photos done with macro setting in adequate lighting with no flash:

Heat stamp
Date code
Zipper pull
Clip strap
Close up of cherry faces (you already have that)
Dustbag (if you are concerned about the difference)

Nothing looks red flag to me about the faces as they are now, the outer line may have been done more prominent on the darker canvas to stand out more. You have got quite an eye for detail!

I will look for your pictures in the Authenticate This! thread. :flowers:

This is definitely normal. I have all 3 color combos (including the red/creme) in the Pochette and Cles, and the lines all vary, including the size of the eyes on the faces.
So no worries, this is perfectly normal.