A question for Bootie owners in nasty climates....

Jul 30, 2008
Hey ladies, a question. I live in Illinois, so winters are quite nasty and filled with snow, sleet, ice and salt. I usually do booties in the winter. However, the ones I own are not CL's, and are considerably cheaper. I'm pondering the Miss booties, but at around 1k, they are not cheap. Would I be crazy to wear them in winter weather? If I can't, there's almost no point in getting them. What does everyone think?

I own the Padrino and Sigourney booties and I don't generally wear them if the weather is bad (snow, wet, etc.). I wear them if it is dry out. I usually change into my CLs and drive in Uggs or random boots that I don't care about ruining.

I know exactly how you feel! I live in Canada so you can immagine my weather situation! I own a couple pairs of booties and i wear them in the winter (not if it's slushy or if their is 40 feet of snow outside) but if the snow is compacted down and is not too fluffy i spray them with protector and wear them!

I think you're trying to make these functional (in addition to being the epitome of fashion). They're not. They are solely fashion. Get out your winter boots for the trudging and wear these when you get inside. Or ....get a chauffeur!:graucho:

chauffeur, I like that!! Seriously, the booties are great but they are not "all-weather" shoes. In fact, no CLs are. But we don't wear them for practicality, we wear them because they look awesome on! My suggestion is to purchase functional boots for outdoors, and CLs for dry days or for indoors...JMTC

Yeah Jas, you are right. I was hoping for a practicality aspect to these. However, I do like the chauffeur idea, Jas and Archy....where can I get that money tree now? LOL

Guess I will stick to my cheaper 2 pairs of booties that I have, and my Stuart Weitzman wedge booties with rubber soles, and my faithful standby, the uggs!