A question for Bootie owners in nasty climates....

I have these same worries, drea. I have the C'est Moi and wear them in the winter, but it doesn't get that bad in this area with snow, ice, etc. I want to get them vibramed and treated prior to this upcoming winter. I'm from Ohio originally so I'm there a few times in the winter and have been afraid to wear them for fear of the salt and just slipping on the ice. Also, I have the Bourge boots now, so I want to make sure they are ready to go as well. You should get the Miss ... it's such a fab bootie! And since you're not keeping the black Biancas ... ;)

Thanks for the tips, lawgirl!

Oh goodie! I hope you get them drea. I love the look of the Miss! If I had any extra money that bootie would be on my list, but as it is I have my eye on the caramel suede Babel. We'll see if I can save up!
I've been treating my boots for a while, even my mid-range ones. It really does help them last. I think of it like a tune-up for a car!

Lovepeonies, I have flat, good-tread Uggs (Adirondack) and I also have YakTrax. Between the snow, ice, and freezing rain, I'd be out of my mind. It's cold here and the intersections can be like glass. I do see some women in stilettos, but they're either walking like penguins or clinging to their husbands/boyfriends for dear life. Or waiting for them at the door so they can go from the building to a hopefully cleared sidewalk to the car.

Lovepeonies, I have flat, good-tread Uggs (Adirondack) and I also have YakTrax. Between the snow, ice, and freezing rain, I'd be out of my mind. It's cold here and the intersections can be like glass. I do see some women in stilettos, but they're either walking like penguins or clinging to their husbands/boyfriends for dear life. Or waiting for them at the door so they can go from the building to a hopefully cleared sidewalk to the car.

ITA! I don't want anyone to think that I consider my CLs snow boots. I have my trusty La Canadienne's, and then a pair of heavy duty Columbia snow boots when it gets really bad out. I slip all the time on the ice, but it's in all different types of shoes. I also fall off of my flip flops, so who knows? :P

i'm with the other ladies- i have had both suede and leather boots and booties- like all my CLs i just do not wear them in bad weather unless i am forced to for some reason. I actually don't wear my CLs outside very frequently except when i'm going out. I still think boots and booties are fabulous and worth every penny- even if you have them to only wear in dry weather. I don't think you would wear booties in snow if they were $100 and you loved them- snow is for snow boots :smile:

I say if you love them, the weather is the last thing that should come between you and your purchase :graucho: