A question for anyone with veneers...

Thanks to everyone who responded! I go in for my prep a week from today, and then I get the permanent veneers put on two weeks from Saturday! Wish me luck! I'm excited and nervous at the same time...

I'm considering veneers after my braces come off. But reading this thread and all the stories about them breaking has put me off!! :P

I'm confused....why would you need veneer after braces.....My teeth are soooo straight, and I get compliment on them ALL the time....(had braces for 4 years).

Do you have a chipped or uneven tooth?

this is a great thread!!! i've been trying to debate between veneers and invisalign. i only have 2 crooked teeth, but i bothers me, most people don't even notice it. i am now leaning toward the invisilign, but from what i understand both procedures have pros and cons... there is once company, something like lumeneers, that doesn't require the teeth to be shaved down.

If you have just 2 crooked teeth, invisalign may bee a good option. (they could do a partial the teeth are booth upper or lower.

Can I ask if it's very expensive? I would like to get my four front teeth done :smile:
I see your from the UK too! When I was looking into the pricing of them here in Wales it was mostly along the lines of £500-£600 per tooth.

fashion_junky - Good luck! You'll have to post in here how you found the procedure! Not sure if you've said already but how many teeth are you getting done? I'm sooo excited for you & jealous! I was supposed to be getting veneers in the summer but my mum decided last minute I had to buy a car with my money instead & I think she thought I was too young for them even though she agreed I could get them if I had enough money saved (I was only 17 at the time)... so I'm re-saving up for them all over again! I want 18 teeth minimum done I think..preferably my whole mouth.. I absolutely HATE my teeth.. they're straight but I think each tooth looks a different size/shape and I just hate it. :/

I see your from the UK too! When I was looking into the pricing of them here in Wales it was mostly along the lines of £500-£600 per tooth.

fashion_junky - Good luck! You'll have to post in here how you found the procedure! Not sure if you've said already but how many teeth are you getting done? I'm sooo excited for you & jealous! I was supposed to be getting veneers in the summer but my mum decided last minute I had to buy a car with my money instead & I think she thought I was too young for them even though she agreed I could get them if I had enough money saved (I was only 17 at the time)... so I'm re-saving up for them all over again! I want 18 teeth minimum done I think..preferably my whole mouth.. I absolutely HATE my teeth.. they're straight but I think each tooth looks a different size/shape and I just hate it. :/

Thanks!! I am getting 16 done (8 on the top and 8 on the bottom). I'll definitely let you know how it goes...Don't worry, you have lots of time! I am 26 and have lived with teeth I hated until now...so I know how you feel. I'll update the thread after my prep next week.

My top 4 front teeth are veneers. I got them done because one was chipped and it just wouldn't look right if I only had one veneer. Really, the worst part of the experience is just getting numbed because the needle really hurts when they stick it in the front. It's not unbearable thought since it's over so quickly. The whole experience is a little uncomfortable but I just closed my eyes. What do you expect? It's dental work. The results are totally worth it though. I get so many compliments on how nice my teeth are. Nobody can tell that they're veneers.

Sorry, I totally forgot to update this! While the process was NOT fun, the end result has been completely worth it. I love the way they look! I never, ever thought my teeth would look this perfect! But the process was definitely more difficult than I expected, because of the length of time you have to sit in the dentist's chair. My teeth are sensitive, so there was an element of pain involved for me, which some people don't experience. If you think you might be sensitive or might have trouble spending several hours (I'm talking like 6 to 8 hours, as my dentist was a perfectionist!) in the dentist's chair, I highly recommend oral sedation. I took oral sedatives for my insertion appointment, and wish I had done it for my preparations too!! It went by so fast and I barely remember it!

I'm glad your pleased with the end result! How many dental appointments did you have to attend? I'm having such a hard time finding places near me that do it!

I had to attend a total of 4 appointments. The first was just to get initial molds and x-rays of my mouth. Next was the preparation appointment, where my teeth were prepared for the veneers and more molds were taken. Then the lab said they needed additional molds, so I had to go back for another appointment for that, and then came the insertion appointment. Oh, and I went back a week later so he could check the veneers to make sure everything was okay, but I don't count that one because it was so short!

Just make sure whoever you select to do yours is an actual cosmetic dentist. Any dentist can claim to practice cosmetic dentistry, so you have to be careful, because veneer insertion is kind of an art. Not just anyone should do it!!

Just make sure whoever you select to do yours is an actual cosmetic dentist. Any dentist can claim to practice cosmetic dentistry, so you have to be careful, because veneer insertion is kind of an art. Not just anyone should do it!!

VERY true!! Do your research before any cosmetic procedure, or even a big non cosmetic procedure. I've worked in dental for over 10 years and now I work for a dental implant company, so any teeht questions, throw them at me! :smile:

OP, glad you like the veneers! :tup:

bisousx said:
Bump

I am interested in getting a veneer for one tooth that's crooked. Is it possible?

And what happens if your teeth change color due to drinking coffee or wine?

I have one for the same reason - I had them make it one shade lighter than my teeth were at the time because I use white strips. Mine is on my bottom front and I haven't had any issues with staining and I'm a smoker that drinks a lot of black coffee, so I think you'll be ok :smile: