a question for all the 2.55 Reissue owners !!

Apr 20, 2006
Auckland
are the Reissue leather softer than the normal 2.55 bag ? a friend was commenting on how soft her reissue feels and when she took it out, i noticed the bottom of the bag is not as structured as the other Chanel bags ? I guess my question is, will the bottom lose its boxy shape after a while if you don't stuff a lot of paper in it ?:confused1:(i am kind of worried since mine is in storage, i am wondering if i need to get it out and re-stuff more paper in it !)

IceEarl

O.G.
May 12, 2007
what do you mean by a 'normal 2.55 bag'? can you post a pic?

It all depends on how you store the bags, all bags will lost their shapes if they are not stored properly IMO.

urbanstrip

Jan 29, 2008
are the Reissue leather softer than the normal 2.55 bag ? a friend was commenting on how soft her reissue feels and when she took it out, i noticed the bottom of the bag is not as structured as the other Chanel bags ? I guess my question is, will the bottom lose its boxy shape after a while if you don't stuff a lot of paper in it ?:confused1:(i am kind of worried since mine is in storage, i am wondering if i need to get it out and re-stuff more paper in it !)
I think I know what you mean.. I've always felt that my reissue has a tendency to bottom out especially when my bag is not full..

I usually stuff my bags with old cotton tee-shirts.. :smile: Think that it should do the trick! Plus it makes it easier to close the inner flap as well when it's stuffed full.

bulletproofsoul

Always on the hunt
O.G.
Jan 18, 2007
Innerspace
This structure (or lack thereof) is normal for reissue bags. They are made to look aged and vintage and yes, the bottom is made to "sag" at the bottom like an old bag. But, having said that, I do store mine on a shelf in my closet, stuffed with tissue and upright.

loveaddict

me =love+shop addict
O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
H ~appines la la land
i dont think its softer, its just the way they folded the bag after they finish making it. with all the other chanel classic bag,theyhave never fold the bottom but with reissue they always fold it.