a question about boots!

Sep 6, 2007
okay, this may seem a silly question but its tropical weather all year round where i live.

when you buy boots, do you have to buy them a size up because you need to wear thick socks, or do the shoe makers make allowance for that already??

TIA! :nuts:

hey, thanks for reponse. i do know some designers are not TTS, but im going to aspen and i think i do need some socks cuz it'll be snowing there. what do u think? half size up?? or full size? or theres no need?

IMO it depends on the designer. With Frye boots, I stayed TTS. Same with a bunch of my others.

I know that doesn't help very much. All the boots I have (I think, I have to check! LOL!) are either my TTS or .5 up from that size. I also wear socks with them.

IMO it depends on the designer. With Frye boots, I stayed TTS. Same with a bunch of my others.

I know that doesn't help very much. All the boots I have (I think, I have to check! LOL!) are either my TTS or .5 up from that size. I also wear socks with them.

I agree with the above. :smile:

In Aspen, any leather sole boots will be pretty slippery on the snowy walks.
Something to think about.....

Yep depends on the designer. I just bought 2 pairs of flat suede slouchy boots and got 7 the size I normally wear. They are still roomy enough for me to wear socks and there is comfortable wiggle room :smile:

It depends on the designer for me and also the material.

If the boots are real leather, they will stretch, so as long as they fit lengthwise I buy TTS because I know they are going to mold to my foot over time. If they are not real leather I might go bigger because I don't know how the synthetic material will behave.

hey guys sorry for interferring with the op thread..i have a question which may be silly but whave u guys ever/do u know if you are able to change the circumference of your boots..as ive lost a bit of weight recently..and my friend thinks that my boots look to "loose" around my calves and she thinks its a ridiculous look and i love these boots and i wonder if i can alter them or just buy a new pair?

u can always go to a cobbler and ask him. I once had my dior boots "stretched" an inch by puttin a bit of leather in it.

And then I had him remove it when I lost the weight back.

btw, loose boots are in, if they are just way too big then u can always go to a cobbler!