a question about boots!

Sep 6, 2007
Down under
okay, this may seem a silly question but its tropical weather all year round where i live.

when you buy boots, do you have to buy them a size up because you need to wear thick socks, or do the shoe makers make allowance for that already??

TIA! :nuts:

kuromi-chan

Aug 9, 2008
i live in a tropical climate also!

whenever i buy boots, i always size up for comfort! usually just a 1/2 size up for me...

kdo

Let's Go Caps!
Nov 1, 2008
I usually don't wear socks and I buy my regular shoe size. Just like shoes, some designer's sizing may not be TTS.

Sep 6, 2007
Down under
hey, thanks for reponse. i do know some designers are not TTS, but im going to aspen and i think i do need some socks cuz it'll be snowing there. what do u think? half size up?? or full size? or theres no need?

indypup

all knotted up
O.G.
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta
IMO it depends on the designer. With Frye boots, I stayed TTS. Same with a bunch of my others.

I know that doesn't help very much. All the boots I have (I think, I have to check! LOL!) are either my TTS or .5 up from that size. I also wear socks with them.

uab*mom

Apr 11, 2008
Texas, USA
IMO it depends on the designer. With Frye boots, I stayed TTS. Same with a bunch of my others.

I know that doesn't help very much. All the boots I have (I think, I have to check! LOL!) are either my TTS or .5 up from that size. I also wear socks with them.
I agree with the above. :smile:

In Aspen, any leather sole boots will be pretty slippery on the snowy walks.
Something to think about.....

kelbell35

O.G.
Apr 9, 2009
nyc
It really does depend on the designer, but from my experience, I've always sized up a half size for the best fit.

frostedcouture

-love life-
Apr 30, 2008
Tweeting on my iPhone
Yep depends on the designer. I just bought 2 pairs of flat suede slouchy boots and got 7 the size I normally wear. They are still roomy enough for me to wear socks and there is comfortable wiggle room :smile:

Jun 25, 2009
Ireland
I have loads of different types of boots, because it's always raining, and i always get the same size and can wear socks with them and they are still comfortable!!

Jan 22, 2008
It depends on the designer for me and also the material.

If the boots are real leather, they will stretch, so as long as they fit lengthwise I buy TTS because I know they are going to mold to my foot over time. If they are not real leather I might go bigger because I don't know how the synthetic material will behave.

J

jacqualyn

hey guys sorry for interferring with the op thread..i have a question which may be silly but whave u guys ever/do u know if you are able to change the circumference of your boots..as ive lost a bit of weight recently..and my friend thinks that my boots look to "loose" around my calves and she thinks its a ridiculous look and i love these boots and i wonder if i can alter them or just buy a new pair?

Mininana

Dino <3
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
u can always go to a cobbler and ask him. I once had my dior boots "stretched" an inch by puttin a bit of leather in it.

And then I had him remove it when I lost the weight back.

btw, loose boots are in, if they are just way too big then u can always go to a cobbler!