A question about availability of the Marilyn OR

boston girl

Dec 22, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the LV forum, as I just received a very special gift of a Marilyn MC Noir OR. My partner seemingly had to jump through hoops, ordering it from a remote store and then have it delivered to the SF store from which we picked it up yesterday. Anyhow, I'm absolutely in love with it! BUt I'm wondering, my BF was told (I'm paraphrasing) "that there were only 20 made of this style and they're basically all gone... we were lucky to get one of the last ones..." Is this accurate information? I know little to nothing about this bag style except what I've learned on the LV website and on tPF (through utilizing the search function) Any extra input/information would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

They were released as part of a seasonal item. Not really sure if your quote of 20 is accurate. They were available online the past year, and when Elux was around.

Hi travelbliss and LxTxNx! Thanks for the bit of info. I went into one of the South Bay stores this weekend, and the SA I talked to said that only the black MC/gold Marilyn OR was a limited edition. In fact they had a white/gold one hidden in a drawer somewhere, that she brought out for me to see. Anyhow, no matter its availability or rareness, I was just curious... I'll love the bag no matter its history! (OH! One interesting tidbit... the LV website states this bag is "signed by the artist" and I can say for sure that my bag is NOT signed.... Hmmmm.)