A purse organizer for your Celine? Please tell us!

Do you use a purse organizer in your Celine?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use a Samorga insert after reading that many TPFers found it suitable for their Minis. The best part: you can customize your very own! Just pick one of their basic insert styles and add/subject/alter measurements to pockets/compartments as you wish. For mine, I got rid of all the outer pockets, changed the iPad compartment to a Kindle compartment, and one of the inner pockets to fit a blackberry. It arrived in about 2 weeks, exactly the way I wanted it despite some back and forth with the sellers over measurements because my fingers kept slipping and typing in the wrong numbers! They're very, very professional and take pains to ensure that the measurements you want are exact before proceeding. They even took the initiative to supply Kindle and blackberry measurements, asking me first which model my blackberry was. You can't beat that. Superb service. Very happy. :biggrin:

I use a Samorga insert after reading that many TPFers found it suitable for their Minis. The best part: you can customize your very own! Just pick one of their basic insert styles and add/subject/alter measurements to pockets/compartments as you wish. For mine, I got rid of all the outer pockets, changed the iPad compartment to a Kindle compartment, and one of the inner pockets to fit a blackberry. It arrived in about 2 weeks, exactly the way I wanted it despite some back and forth with the sellers over measurements because my fingers kept slipping and typing in the wrong numbers! They're very, very professional and take pains to ensure that the measurements you want are exact before proceeding. They even took the initiative to supply Kindle and blackberry measurements, asking me first which model my blackberry was. You can't beat that. Superb service. Very happy. :biggrin:

I appreciate your input! Samorga sounds like they have excellent customer service. I was thinking that I won't exactly need the exterior pockets either if I customize to fit my phantom, that was initially when I was going to order one each phantom and a mini size insert. Now I will probably just order mini size and use that for the phantom, in which case, I could keep the outer pockets as there will be some room between the insert and the bag. :smile:

I appreciate your input! Samorga sounds like they have excellent customer service. I was thinking that I won't exactly need the exterior pockets either if I customize to fit my phantom, that was initially when I was going to order one each phantom and a mini size insert. Now I will probably just order mini size and use that for the phantom, in which case, I could keep the outer pockets as there will be some room between the insert and the bag. :smile:

Sounds good! However, the phantom has a bigger, more squarish base than the Mini so an insert for a Mini may shift around in the phantom. So I think it makes sense to keep the outer pockets because they add more bulk to the insert. I did not order an insert for my phantom. Couldn't find a colour match and I thought the insert would be very visible (something I'm not partial to) in the phantom which has a wide mouth. Go for it - Samorga's great! ;)

t_lo said:
as promised - same C3 samorga insert in my small black croc embossed phantom :smile:

t_lo,

Is the insert very visible? Can the bag close as without insert? I am expecting the bottom of the bag would hang down a little when it's stuffed, and the bag will not look wide as it is. Will the insert made the bottom very hard?

t_lo,

Is the insert very visible? Can the bag close as without insert? I am expecting the bottom of the bag would hang down a little when it's stuffed, and the bag will not look wide as it is. Will the insert made the bottom very hard?

sorry, i didn't see this! you can't see the organizer at all, there's some space between the top of the bag and the top of the insert. you can't really tuck in the sides though when using it, but i like my wings out :biggrin:

my insert is made of felt so no, the bottom isn't hard. if you're looking for a "base" to keep the bottom from sagging (although i haven't had this issue with my phantom or mini, they're so structured and i don't carry much) i've read some posts where TPFers have cut out cardboard to the exact dimensions of the base. i'll see if i can find one of those threads...

sorry, i didn't see this! you can't see the organizer at all, there's some space between the top of the bag and the top of the insert. you can't really tuck in the sides though when using it, but i like my wings out :biggrin:

my insert is made of felt so no, the bottom isn't hard. if you're looking for a "base" to keep the bottom from sagging (although i haven't had this issue with my phantom or mini, they're so structured and i don't carry much) i've read some posts where TPFers have cut out cardboard to the exact dimensions of the base. i'll see if i can find one of those threads...

It is why I like Chameleon bag insert better. It has both, insert and hard base. I actually got many different size Chameleon inserts and use them for all my bag from Cabas Chanel to Valentino and now for Celine. It is very light, has a hard base and cost 20-25$.

t_lo said:

Thanks t_lo, now I can go ahead place order without worry :smile:

FYI - (not sure if I made the poll results public or not) - the polls are very even, 10 - yes and 9- no insert. Have not hear from people who don't use them as to why they don't need them, however - I was curious as to how they keep their things neat, for example in a phantom or a trapeze without an insert.

It is why I like Chameleon bag insert better. It has both, insert and hard base. I actually got many different size Chameleon inserts and use them for all my bag from Cabas Chanel to Valentino and now for Celine. It is very light, has a hard base and cost 20-25$.

Thanks - I will check out chameleon too for $20 - I wasn't keen on spending $50 for an insert... is there a certain type you recommend?

Agreed. I've tried both samorga and chameleon; upside of the Chameleon is that you can order custom sizes and the material feels more substantial, but I find that the material is a little too thick and takes up a little too much space in the bag (especially in a nano). In the Chameleon, I love the zippered pockets which is very handy for the open top Phantom. So now I mainly use the same Chameleon insert, moving it from mini luggage to micro luggage to trapeze and also phantom :smile:

Thanks - I will check out chameleon too for $20 - I wasn't keen on spending $50 for an insert... is there a certain type you recommend?

I use x-large for my Phantom. Perfect size now on sale for 20$. Extra large tall is taller than I need for Phantom (the same wide as extra large, but taller), so I use for another bag. Way better than any other inserts. They have different size.