A possible wedding disaster...

She may need to make arrangements for more than one cabin... preferably a family/couple in each! Especially if wedding festivities span all 3 days.

We used to go to a "cabin reunion weekend" yearly with half a dozen couples and I *hated* it. We had to do everything together and there wasn't much else to do except go down to this tiny lake. If we did go off on our own to a restaurant, the others would get peeved for some reason. I would be screaming *help* deep down if I had to room with people other than my own husband and kids for more than a day. I guess it depends on how social everyone is.

She plans to stay at the cabin that is like a home (lots of 'cabins' here are like 2nd homes) WITH immediate family members. She wants my mom, etc. coming from TX to stay with his family coming from another country on the first floor, while she stays on the 2nd floor. She mentioned that people who cannot find a hotel room or a place to stay can camp! *sigh*

She is planning to have a short ceremony outside and I imagine she will get ready there.:sad: I have encouraged her to look into area parks (there are lots to choose from) but for some reason, she is set on this cabin and is planning on giving a deposit very soon.:crybaby:

Thanks ladies for your responses. I really appreciate your insights.

Now that part scares me. Camp after a long trip, I sure as hell would not be camping anywhere. I would be less likely to camp and I would not be too thrilled with the idea of getting there and not finding a hotel.

Remember that 'Why are women so hateful towards other women?' thread? I feel like she is getting this kind of 'mean' encouragement from her friends.

It could be that her city friends want to get away from the city...

I was at a bridal shop once and your words made me remember I saw this soon-to-be bride with her friend. Her friend was pushing for this most hideous outdated ecru wedding gown. It was shades of "miss havisham", just truly dated and ridiculous. I bit my tongue, she wanted something else, but this "friend" was hell bent she get the montrosity. It seemed she managed to confuse the poor girl, who had initially chosen something else much more spectacular. :tdown: