A Pleasant Surprise... Harvey's Seatbelt Bags!

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
I've been intrigued by Harvey's Seatbelt Bags for a little over a year. They just look like really fun knock-around bags that you don't have to baby. However, for the price they retail I could never bring myself to try one though I'd occassionally browse new styles. Well, last week I was browsing Zappos and saw a few on sale. They were marked down only slightly, nothing impressive. So I decided to check out a few other sites to see if they had any on sale.

I found a small baguette style that I'd been eyeing for several months. It's the perfect size of bag that I carry on my days off from work and weekends. It was on sale at Endless marked down from $190 to $108. I was about to put it in my cart when this little voice said "Why don't we check around just a little more?" I'm so glad I did! I found the same bag style and color marked down to $63.90!!! No tax and free shipping. :tup:

It arrived today and I am very pleased. It's a great size and very comfortable on the shoulder. It's heavier than I anticipated but not too heavy. The champagne color (taupe) is a great neutral and I love the silver hardware. It's substantial and really attractive. The bag is very well made. It even came with a really soft Harvey's dustbag! I'm really excited, I didn't expect to like it this much. I know a bag made out of a seatbelt doesn't appeal to everyone, but I like stuff that's unusual. And sometimes I just don't want to constantly worry about what's happening to my bag. Overall I'd say for the retail price I got over like a fat rat! I wouldn't mind having a few more.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF1602.JPG
    DSCF1602.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,424
  • DSCF1603.JPG
    DSCF1603.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 962
  • DSCF1605.JPG
    DSCF1605.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,123
LOVE IT! Amazing deal and it looks great on you! I know a girl that has a big plum colored one that I loved, I always thought it looked expensive lol... I never even realized it was seatbelts until she told me!

Thanks! Lol, yeah I like the way it's a seatbelt bag but doesn't really look like a bag made out of seatbelts ya know? But it's really cute...I wish I could find this style in another color. Zappos has some really cute seatbelt clutches too.....but I need them to go on sale first, lol.

It used to remind me of satin ribbons before I knew they were seatbelts. Now I'm looking at their website... I love the 'eggplant' color. I'll have to check out zappos now too! I was on their earlier, it's weird how sometimes they'll have the same item listed twice but one is cheaper! They're tricky!

Thanks! I didn't imagine it would look as nice as it does...I'm still trippin off the fact that it's made out of seatbelts. I'd love a black one but can only find it for full price right now. :sad: Patience is not one of my better virtues. :P

I have one of these, I bought it way back in '04. It's a little clutch in the wine color and I found it at a consignment store near the school I went to for $7! It's been a great little club and bar bag.