A Place for Mulberry Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have a bit of advise ladies. I have a Mulberry Claret Smithfield. I personally don't think it's authentic, will never use it and don't know what to do with it. I would like to get something for it as it is still a nice leather bag. How can I sell it without being worried about selling a fake bag if you know what I mean. Perhaps I should just give it to the charity shop but could really use some cash towards my mabel.

What are your thoughts ladies??

I ended up putting my fake Elgin in the bin as I didn't know what the hell to do with it! sorry I'm not much help ( mind you- it wasn't even nice leather!)
Might be worth starting a thread on this to see if anyone has any ideas. also have you had it authenticated in a shop or on here at all? what makes you suspect it's fake?

flyvetjo - I placed the link in the authenticate thread just after I received it and no one could really put any light on the matter of authenticity. It's supposedly darwin leather however if my oak kensington even touches something it can mark, however I can drag my nail across the smithfield and there is not even the slightest mark.

The dustbag is what really gave me concerns...the cord on it is like a shoe lace....so between the dustbag and the leather I have a sneaking suspicion it is fake.

The seller didn't want to know and never replied to any of my emails even when I contact paypal with the dispute.

Paypal refunded my full payment and I still haven't heard a peep from the seller.....sounds fake to me!

What do you think?

flyvetjo - I placed the link in the authenticate thread just after I received it and no one could really put any light on the matter of authenticity. It's supposedly darwin leather however if my oak kensington even touches something it can mark, however I can drag my nail across the smithfield and there is not even the slightest mark.

The dustbag is what really gave me concerns...the cord on it is like a shoe lace....so between the dustbag and the leather I have a sneaking suspicion it is fake.

What do you think?

My rosemary is lavender darwin and I can't make a scratch on that, even with my nail. So maybe that's not too much of a concern in itself?

Also my black antony doesn't scratch. I think oak is super sensitive to scratching and marking but the others are not so bad?

Why don't you post a picture of the cord. All of my dustbags have the same cord and to be honest it's not dissimilar to a shoelace!

Maybe this bag is genuine after all. Not sure how that explains the seller's behaviour though.

One for the Hall of Shame, one of the worst I've ever seen! :excl:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Nice-Mulber...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've just been informed by your post. I bought from this person about a year ago and had a problem w/ the bag that was unrelated to authenticity, because @ the time that wasn't the problem, and she refunded me immediately and without any further communication. And then she didn't sell anything for a while. Apparently, the same fake bag gets sold over and over, but not every week. I guess it's not consistent enough to shut down the acct.

So I guess it's a wash. I didn't necessarily lose anything, but I gained a bag I never used anyway.

Rascal, I put the link on the authenticate thread a while back but no one could say yes or no.

I'm pretty sure tho if I sold an authentic bag on ebay and the buyer said it was fake I would be defending myself and my bag. The lack of contact from the seller makes me even more suspicious of it being fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.