A pickpocket targeted my Neverfull!

K.H.LVoe

Handbag Heaven
Sep 21, 2012
I carried my NF out shopping and it was tightly cinched for security. I've never had a problem with it before, but when I took it off my shoulder in one store towards the end of the day, I suddenly noticed that someone had uncinched the side that was behind my back and pulled it fully open. And the scary thing was that I hadn't noticed it happening at all! That was a shock! :shocked:

Thankfully I was careful and had my wallet and cellphone in the zipper pocket and my purchases in a linen shopping bag (folded shut and placed towards the front of the NF) so the only thing they could have taken was my water bottle. So, in the end, nothing was stolen, but this really makes me think twice about the NF. Now I realize how insecure it really can be. :nogood:

OinkMoo

Totoro
Jun 26, 2011
Oh no! You can always get a purse organizer with a zipper. It helps, I have one and I feel more secure with it. :smile: Did you think your cinch came unloose somehow? I read somewhere that when the leather soften overtime, the cinching will become loose as well.

K.H.LVoe

Handbag Heaven
Sep 21, 2012
Oh no! You can always get a purse organizer with a zipper. It helps, I have one and I feel more secure with it. :smile: Did you think your cinch came unloose somehow? I read somewhere that when the leather soften overtime, the cinching will become loose as well.

The organizer is a good idea, thanks. No, I don't think it just loosened because it's still very stiff (it's DE). I have to pull on it hard to uncinch it.

kvaladez_77

Jan 30, 2013
I carried my NF out shopping and it was tightly cinched for security. I've never had a problem with it before, but when I took it off my shoulder in one store towards the end of the day, I suddenly noticed that someone had uncinched the side that was behind my back and pulled it fully open. And the scary thing was that I hadn't noticed it happening at all! That was a shock! :shocked:

Thankfully I was careful and had my wallet and cellphone in the zipper pocket and my purchases in a linen shopping bag (folded shut and placed towards the front of the NF) so the only thing they could have taken was my water bottle. So, in the end, nothing was stolen, but this really makes me think twice about the NF. Now I realize how insecure it really can be. :nogood:
Maybe it came undone?

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
That's worrying, how fortunate that nothing was taken. I'm planning on ordering a zippered organiser (have to have it sent to a friend in the US as intl postage is $45!), I had been using my neverfull and forgetting to put my purse, phone and car keys in the zippered pocket but your tale will make me more cautious.

OinkMoo

Totoro
Jun 26, 2011
The organizer is a good idea, thanks. No, I don't think it just loosened because it's still very stiff (it's DE). I have to pull on it hard to uncinch it.

I have the DE as well, and although it is stiff, it does come undone every now and then. And it'll soften up and uncinch itself completely after you've used the bag for awhile.

K.H.LVoe

Handbag Heaven
Sep 21, 2012
I have the DE as well, and although it is stiff, it does come undone every now and then. And it'll soften up and uncinch itself completely after you've used the bag for awhile.

Okay, that's very alarming. It's even more insecure if it comes undone on it's own. Mine is the GM size so when it's open there's plenty of room for someone to grab something from the inside behind my back.

lshcat

O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
I've had a couple of DE NF's and even when new, they start to slide down after a little bit of walking or even just bumping a corner etc.. can get it going. The DE especially, is a slick trim. I think it's oodles more likely it just slid down by the end of the day. I think you would have noticed someone that close to you and especially if anyone touched your bag. You did the right thing just keep that wallet in the interior zip section. :smile: and when it's under your arm I really think the NF (MM or PM especially) is quite a secure tote.