A Parisian's quest for the medium white flap (A True Story)

sorichsopretty

JE L'AIME A MOURRIR.
Aug 26, 2007
for those who want to hear the (long) story, well here it goes.
one day, i decided that i desperately NEEDED a white bag for summer. the closest thing i had to white was hot pink, and that doesn't really go with everything. i took charge and asked my mum if she could buy me a white bag. she agreed and so we went to Ave. Montaigne. First stop, PRADA store, i spotted a fantastic white bag (also known as The Fairy Bag Without The Fairy), and i left the store with it.
http://forum.purseblog.com/prada-and-miu-miu/my-new-prada-256376.html
yes it's very beautiful and yes i love it, bbuuuttt, it's really big (14" x 10"). i kept the prada but i decided i desperately needed another white bag, but smaller.
i went to the Balenciaga store (with Calcaire on my mind) but all they had was bright pinks, yellows, greens, blues etc. i went to the YSL store, the closest thing to white was grey nubuck. i went to the Jimmy Choo store, and the second i saw their Marin clutch in Champagne i fell in love, but i didn't WANT a clutch, and the other option was Mahala, and i already have one, and it's too big. i went to the LV store, saw the Mahina (gorgeoouuuuss) but even the XS was too big for me. i went to the Chloe store....alright this could go on for ages.
in the end, i was completely depressed and convinced there was no right bag for me. the next day, i was carrying my black jumbo flap, and then it hit me. A WHITE CLASSIC FLAP!!! medium/large, in caviar leather with silver harware!!! how amazing!
i was ecstatic just thinking about it, and so i headed to rue Cambon. well, surpisingly, THEY DIDN'T CARRY IT. they only had the jumbo version in gold harware, and that didn't work. i did every single Chanel store in Paris, from Fbrg. St Honoré to the store in the Bon Marché, and they didn't have it. i called a Moscow store and a London store and they didn't have it. still inside the Bon Marché, i was browsing throught tPF on my blackberry, and this girl had just bought the exaacct bag i wanted (sorry i can't really remember who it was), and i thought i had nothing to lose so i called my favourite american Chanel store, the one on Spring street in Manhattan. and guess whaattt?! well yeah they carried it.
needless to say i was deliriously happy and ordered it straight away (it can really come in handy to know your dad's credit card number by heart XD). after waiting anxiously for 8 days, my mum texted me while i was in school and told me there was a box from Chanel NYC waiting for me (i kind of "forgot" to tell her i ordered it, she was quite upset at first blahblahblah you're only 14 blahblahblah you have to be responsible blahblahblah, but the second she saw it she fell in love with it as well! the power of Chanel!!!).

well HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FOCUS IN HISTORY CLASS WITH CHANEL ON YOUR MIND????!!!!
Mme De Nanteuil-"décrivez moi la France sous Maréchal Pétain"
me-"CHANELCHANELCHANELCHANEL!".

i RAN back home and found this!!!!!!
i still can't really believe it, i live 10 mins away from the Chanel flagship, and i had to get it shipped from across the atlantic. if that's not true love i don't know what it is.

THE WHOLE BAG STRIPTEASE THING GETS ON MY NERVES, SO HERE ARE THE PICTURES, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I ENJOY THE BAG! THANKS FOR VIEWING, AND FOR THOSE WHO READ THE WHOLE STORY, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!

THE BOX:
DSC03824.jpg

THE BAG:
DSC03825.jpg

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03835.jpg

DSC03834.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

WITH JUMBO SISTER:
DSC03840.jpg

Hello little miss (who am I kidding, as if I'm all that old lol), please focus in class! Chanel isn't everything... when you grow older and have a great career, you'll buy all the Chanels in the world, woohoo! Well that's what my mom always tells me... :lol:

Cute story, I am glad you finally found the perfect white bag! It's gorgeous, I love the white with the silver HW - congratulations!

Congrats on your gorgeous purchase and I love your Prada, too! It's difficult to understand why some stores don't carry some bags, and quite frustrating sometimes, but I'm glad to see that you managed to track down the bag you were looking for!

(You have amazing English for a 14yo, BTW. Very impressive!)