A nice rehab project, but still a bit flawed

I just love these pebbled leather bags from the 90's with actually lining inside! You did an awesome job on this! And I swear you have the best thrift stores by you. I have been to probably 10 or more vintage/thrift stores in Cleveland and Chicago and found pretty much nothing!

I just love these pebbled leather bags from the 90's with actually lining inside! You did an awesome job on this! And I swear you have the best thrift stores by you. I have been to probably 10 or more vintage/thrift stores in Cleveland and Chicago and found pretty much nothing!

Thank you! It's really "hit or miss" at the thrift stores. Some days there is nothing good at all and other days they have several nice bags!

i think your 'after' turned out to be amazing!

i love finding discounted ebay bags that have a little flaw, a pen mark here or a tear there. even if i am not successful in repairing it, who is to say that i didn't make that pen mark myself? :smile: enjoy your cute drawstring bag!

i think your 'after' turned out to be amazing!

i love finding discounted ebay bags that have a little flaw, a pen mark here or a tear there. even if i am not successful in repairing it, who is to say that i didn't make that pen mark myself? :smile: enjoy your cute drawstring bag!

Thanks, and I agree. I don't mind if my older bags show some signs of wear, it's part of their vintage history. I just won't wear them if I don't feel that they are clean or if they have serious stains or damage.

I keep reminding myself of what Coach is always saying about wrinkles, scratches, and variations that are characteristic of fine leather products!

You did a great job! I'm happy for you. You're so lucky to own a vintage classic Coach bucket bag! People might think that this is the latest release! haha :smile:

That's true, thanks! I have rehabbed a lot of classic coach bags that are black or other dark colors, but I liked this bag because it is quite different and unusual looking. I also like that striped navy lining!

That's true, thanks! I have rehabbed a lot of classic coach bags that are black or other dark colors, but I liked this bag because it is quite different and unusual looking. I also like that striped navy lining!

Awww. You're like a Coach Angel! You lengthen their life! Great job! Save more of them in future! :smile:

Oooh, thanks for posting these pics - as I just received an eBay purchase of a very similar brown pebbled leather drawstring bag with the same lining as yours and was wondering how it would do in the wash...if your ivory bag can go through the washer, I feel find about doing a sink bath with my dark brown bag! Thanks! :smile: