a new watch and some other goodies

That TENNIS SCARF is awesome! Is it a new thing? The cotton 70? The tennis theme?

Its great in a retro chic-y tennis way. Really fantastic. Congratulations on all your new gear!

Saligator, yes it's new, thank you :flowers: I got the headsup from Rose's blog - they're in the new scarf booklet (still waiting for mine to arrive) They are very thin cotton, 70cm, the vintage size, and in one corner, there's a small silver charm in the classic 'clou de selle' button. The tennis theme is new I think, can only recall golf themes from before but I'm definitely not an expert but no doubt someone can confirm this for you. In the scarf booklet, there is a glimpse of the tennis design - in red/white c/way.

allaboutnice--could i ask you the measurements on the watch? i tried one on once but i dont think it was as big as yours and i love the oversized/man;s watch look of yours

Here goes:

watch face approx 2.8cm x 4cm, that's the whole of the actual watch measured to outside outside of the stainless steel edges, just the face of the watch by iotself, the bit with the numbers on is approx 2.1 cm square.

The total length of the strap and watch together from end to end is approx 41cm. The straps come in different sizes, I had to have this one ordered, it took about 5 weeks to get to London. You really need to try one on to get the right size strap. I love it, there are so many different ways to wear the strap.

the size I have is Medium - it's the man's one although there is an even larger one than this, there are 3 sizes altogether, small or regular, medium and the large one.

I love big watches (yes, my eyes are going) and don't understand why they have to refer to the medium size as mens on the Hermes website. I think that size looks great on you and the watches should be simply classified as unisex.

I love big watches (yes, my eyes are going) and don't understand why they have to refer to the medium size as mens on the Hermes website. I think that size looks great on you and the watches should be simply classified as unisex.

Thank you Cpl. I agree but I wonder if it's a deliberate marketing ploy. I know I like the idea of deliberating choosing a man's watch and as for men, well perhaps they feel more confident buying a 'man's watch' There needs to be a more attractive word for unisex, lol. I quite like a lot of things that are 'unisex' like the H fragrance - Orange vert but I don't like the word unisex, in the website it says 'For men and women' which I quite like and on the french site it says 'mixte' which I think I care even less for than unisex!

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!:yes:

LOL, do not adjust your screen, it's all in black and white (I think I need an injection of colour soon!)

I have been so very lucky this year - my first Birkin from Paris and some goodies from the Paris sale. In between times I have also bought some new bits and pieces.

I've fancied a large chunky watch for more casual wear for some time. I already have a Kelly watch and an arceau stainless steel watch which are both quite neat and formal so I thought a capecod double tour in medium would be good and solid. I alread y ahve a barenia double tour strap fro my Kelly so I chose an etoupe double strap for my new Capecod - the colour works well with the watch face and I hope etoupe will work with all my clothes (mostly black) The etoupe looks quite dark in this pic - it's often looks much lighter in real life:

attachment.php

When I was in Monaco I picked out a bangle for my Christmas present to myslef, I had wanted this for a long time, then of course, you never see one, lol so I was glad to find it. It's called (I think) quadrige or quadrigue perhaps:

attachment.php

The Rose's blog convinced me I needed the pochette version of champs de Courses scarf and I tracked one down last week:

attachment.php

Finally, (also thanks to Rose's blog - it's costing me a fortune, lol) I really wanted to see the new 70cm cotton scarves and when I bought my watch in London last week I also took home a new scarf 'tennis' in yes you've guessed it, black and white, lol:

attachment.php

The white is quite daring for me :rolleyes: as I don't like it in silk scarves on me but I thought the cotton would look good for the summer. I sometimes like to show the name on my scarf and it's irritated me on some designs that the Hermes name is on the opposite side of the label so that if you fold in the label on the bias, the Hermes name will always be hidden. On the tennis design, there is a tennis ball in each corner and each ball has the Hermes name on it so you need not to mind showing the name. I love the little silver 'clou de selle' charm in the corner.

attachment.php

LOL, I'm now totally broke and need to start saving up again so this might be the last post to share new goodies for a long long time.

Here goes:

watch face approx 2.8cm x 4cm, that's the whole of the actual watch measured to outside outside of the stainless steel edges, just the face of the watch by iotself, the bit with the numbers on is approx 2.1 cm square.

The total length of the strap and watch together from end to end is approx 41cm. The straps come in different sizes, I had to have this one ordered, it took about 5 weeks to get to London. You really need to try one on to get the right size strap. I love it, there are so many different ways to wear the strap.

the size I have is Medium - it's the man's one although there is an even larger one than this, there are 3 sizes altogether, small or regular, medium and the large one.

Thanks so much! I am IN LOVE:heart: with your watch!