A new Mono Speedy / new Monogram bag ?? ;; Thought ?!!

earthx

back to basic.
O.G.
Aug 31, 2010
Me and my mom were talking the other day about selling our Monogram Speedy 30. She's been with around 5 years and was used non-stop. However, we stopped using her since summer after my mom can't stand how dark the patina was and I tried wiping the magic eraser on all over it and now the it turns out even worst!! :pout:

After the incident happened, we left her lonely in the dust bag because we are embarrassed about how her patina looks (just absolutely ugly). Last week when I was back home going through the closet taking pictures of our bags. I found this little baby lying in there and her patina looked a little better from before. But still, not pretty enough that we want to take her out. :hrmm:

So now we're thinking of putting her on sale and buy another Monogram bag to replace her since " Monogram is a MUST HAVE !! ". But this time with the knowledge about water stop and everything, our new monogram bag will be gorgeous for a long time ;)

The problem is.. we can't decide what to buy. We want a bag that is easy to use and can be dress up and down with. It must be a bag which my mom, my sister and me could use together ( 5"6 , 5"8, 5"8 ) and doesn't come with a lot of vachetta to be worry about.

This is what we were thinking about..

- Mono Speedy 30 (but then, why sell and buy the same thing again?)
- Mono Speedy 35 (don't know is it going to be too big for my mom or not. sissy loves big bags!)
- Tivoli PM ( size might be a problem, but not a fan of the gm)
- Palermo PM (in case we might want to use it for traveling. thoughts?)
- Alma ( vachetta base)
- Neverfull MM ( have one in ebene and inlove! )

is there anything else i'm missing? and if it was you, which opinion would you pick and why?

Thank you everyone for coming in, all of your answers are appreciated ; )

p.s attached with this pictures of my speedy
(left: when first wiped with eraser right: how she looked last week)

ETA: Gentle reminder that there's no selling/buying/trading on tPF.It's a bannable offence. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0089.JPG
    DSC_0089.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC_0370.JPG
    DSC_0370.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear it got worse!! I only use magic eraser lightly on small areas like stains so have never done the whole thing! You can always get the handles and trim replaced???

I'd go with the Palermo!!

I love the look of 'new' Mono but the patina and aged vachetta looks 'old and dirty' to me whenever I see anyone carrying it. If I ever buy an LV bag I want Ebene because it doesn't have those issues. It's great you can share the bag - hopefully you can find one all three of you will love.

If you really love the style of the mono speedy just have the leather replaced. It's cheaper than buying another bag and it will look brand new! Then treat the handles with "for handles only" creme from lovin my bags. It works well at keeping dirt off the handles!

Earthx- How about the Wilshire GM/MM or Batignolles Vertical/Horizontal? Would any of these meet your criteria? Between the ones that you have listed, I like the look of the Palermo PM best. Good luck!

I agree w/ another poster, just get the leather replaced on the speedy - it's a great shape that can be dressed up AND down - plus, this would be the most cost-effective decision. The alma, to me, can't be worn when you're dressed down, and I prefer the speedy over the remaining bags.

Make sure to update us with what you decide!

Thank you everyone for your answer!! :smile:

First off, the Ebene Speedy is currently on my 2011 LV shopping list but I forget to mentioned it out earlier. This Monogram problem I'm having is just something that just came up and I just feel like it is more important to solve it before continue with my shopping list.

The Wilshire MM/GM looks cute, but I'm not really sure about the Vachetta base though. Do anyone have it here? Do you guys find any problem with that?

Now I'm down to..
- Mono Speedy 30 (it just a perfect size!)
- Batignolles Horizontal
- Wilshire MM
- Palermo PM

thoughts?

p.s I'm not selling my bags here, no worries. I know better than that ;)