A new Mono Speedy / new Monogram bag ?? ;; Thought ?!!

why not just the vachetta replaced..cheaper then a new bag.
Me and my mom were talking the other day about selling our Monogram Speedy 30. She's been with around 5 years and was used non-stop. However, we stopped using her since summer after my mom can't stand how dark the patina was and I tried wiping the magic eraser on all over it and now the it turns out even worst!! :pout:

After the incident happened, we left her lonely in the dust bag because we are embarrassed about how her patina looks (just absolutely ugly). Last week when I was back home going through the closet taking pictures of our bags. I found this little baby lying in there and her patina looked a little better from before. But still, not pretty enough that we want to take her out. :hrmm:

So now we're thinking of putting her on sale and buy another Monogram bag to replace her since " Monogram is a MUST HAVE !! ". But this time with the knowledge about water stop and everything, our new monogram bag will be gorgeous for a long time ;)

The problem is.. we can't decide what to buy. We want a bag that is easy to use and can be dress up and down with. It must be a bag which my mom, my sister and me could use together ( 5"6 , 5"8, 5"8 ) and doesn't come with a lot of vachetta to be worry about.

This is what we were thinking about..

- Mono Speedy 30 (but then, why sell and buy the same thing again?)
- Mono Speedy 35 (don't know is it going to be too big for my mom or not. sissy loves big bags!)
- Tivoli PM ( size might be a problem, but not a fan of the gm)
- Palermo PM (in case we might want to use it for traveling. thoughts?)
- Alma ( vachetta base)
- Neverfull MM ( have one in ebene and inlove! )

is there anything else i'm missing? and if it was you, which opinion would you pick and why?

Thank you everyone for coming in, all of your answers are appreciated ; )

p.s attached with this pictures of my speedy
(left: when first wiped with eraser right: how she looked last week)

ETA: Gentle reminder that there's no selling/buying/trading on tPF.It's a bannable offence. Thanks!

I think you should get a Mon Mono 30 and get all three of your initials and your favorite colors stamped on the bag! :biggrin:

Would love to get something like that!! :nuts:

I was talking my mom this morning and we decided that we are going to keep her since she's been with us for a long time and it just too much memories. We are going to try find some treatment for her (maybe vachetta replaced) to make as new as we could. Thanks everybody for your answers!! ;)

I don't think the vachetta looks that bad, honestly. I think the patina on the mono bags gives it character and with all the different stages of patina on everyone's bags, it makes it look different. I wouldn't suggest the Alma if the vachetta worries you. I have a Mezzo and I'm so OCD about the bottom vachetta. I'd go for a palermo. Lot's of room and not as much vachetta.

Would love to get something like that!! :nuts:

I was talking my mom this morning and we decided that we are going to keep her since she's been with us for a long time and it just too much memories. We are going to try find some treatment for her (maybe vachetta replaced) to make as new as we could. Thanks everybody for your answers!! ;)

Glad you came to a decision!

Hi earthx.. I noticed you decided to keep her, and maybe fix it. Good for you! I imagine it might be hard to sell with the vachetta in the shape that its in.. So after reading your post and seeing many other posts like it with regards to the 'magic eraser' I decided to google what the magic eraser was. Sure enough the mr. clean magic eraser popped up. so then I figured shoot.. maybe people are confusing which erasers to use on their bags? The magic eraser is full of chemicals, its abrasive, and has to get wet, I've used it on my walls. The eraser my SA told me to use, was your basic white paper/pencil eraser for school. That you dont have to get wet, that has no stinky chemicals, thats actually quite soft. And it works to remove any dirt or ink transfer from your jeans in a snap. You can buy it at staples.

Most people do their best to keep their Louis Vuitton bags out of the rain, why would anyone get them wet, with chemicals on purpose? My only thought after that is that their must be confusion as to which eraser to actually use. :idea:

Actually, the speedy doesn't look that bad. The stage of patina is beautiful in my eyes. Yet, since you are not able to replace the handles and the fear you have about patina, what about a Damier Alma? It is a just a classic as a speedy, and there is no patina to worry about...