A new colored Chanel for me (vert fonce)... but does it fit?

I've turned into a lurker/commenter since my last thread in 2008 (can't believe it's been three years and even worse, can't believe the prices now :wtf:) but I'm back to share a new purchase!

No teasing, just to the point! 11P Vert Fonce irridescent caviar jumbo.
IMG_7602.jpg

Story behind this is that darling boyfriend and I were shopping downtown and I dragged him to Chanel with me so I could see the 11P red. When I was trying on the red, my sweet SA said "Check this out, we also got a nice green" and my first thought before I saw the bag was "Green? No thanks, I came for red". Boy am I glad I bit my tongue because it was :love: at first try. I loved it, boyfriend loved it, we left without it........ :shocked:

Ok fast forward a couple weeks and I am still thinking about it so I call my SA at a different store and ask to be put on the waitlist (his store didn't get the 11P green in yet). Add another week of constantly calling to see if it's in yet and when I had finally given up all hope, I sent him an email "Oh let me know when it comes in, I'm ready to purchase!" one Monday morning and drove off to work. I'm checking my email on my phone before I get into work mode and *PING* (the sound phone makes when I get new mail), "Perfect timing! We just got it in!!". I delayed work a few more minutes to give him my info and then I was happy the rest of the day knowing my green baby was on its way to me :lol:

IMG_7603.jpg

My baby arrived this week!! One problem though.... it's a jumbo!!! I was so desperate for this color in any size that I settled for the first one they received and now that I have it, I think it might be too big :faint: Oh shoot me.

This is when I have to ask my lovely tPF friends to help me figure out if I should exchange it for a m/l (if I can even find an m/l now!). Give me a few moments and I will upload modeling pics.

I love bags in the jumbo size, and this color is beyond amazing!!!

I think I like the m/l better on you. But I saw this same bag the other day in Chanel and the color is amazing to say the least. They only had one left because I asked the SA about it but I can't remember what size it was. Just in case you want to give them a call it was the NYC store on Spring Street.

my opinion the m/l fits perfect for you
for instance, im 5.8 and the m/l is way too small for me i could never wear it . You should also consider the jumbo wont look nice if you wear it 1 strap only, too long and too big...what do you think?
best of luck with whatever you decide

OK, here!! Please forgive me, I didn't remove the tissue paper from the flaps. Also, I can adjust what I carry accordingly so how much each bag holds doesn't really bother me. Hey, fashion over function :lol:

This is the gorgeous green jumbo on me. I initially thought this color was more of a fall color but it works SO well with the lovely pastels of the spring season. Truly a special color :cloud9:

Since it is big enough as a shoulder flap, I cannot wear it single-strap as it would hang too low on me :Push:
jumboflap.jpg

And this is the m/l flap on me. Love that I can wear this two ways!
medflap.jpg

I can't decide!!! I've already asked my mom, my bf (who really could give less of a cahoots...), a friend of mine, and my fashionable guy cousin and they're torn too. I trust the honest opinions of my tPF friends so I'll go with whatever you ladies say :smile:

Hi Jen,

Did you end up keeping the Military green bag? How do you like the color? I am thinking of getting this same bag but debating this color or the fuschia pink patent jumbo. Do you have any suggestion? I know this is a tough one to pick.

The m/l looks good as it suits the outfit you're wearing- ( I don't know if you have mentioned your style in the thread) if dresses is what you wear then may be m/l would be a best? but I can just imagine the green jumbo rocking some casual/smart/chic outfits... It would look great...x