A new colored Chanel for me (vert fonce)... but does it fit?

mello_yello_jen

Designated Shopaholic
O.G.
Jan 2, 2006
I've turned into a lurker/commenter since my last thread in 2008 (can't believe it's been three years and even worse, can't believe the prices now :wtf:) but I'm back to share a new purchase!

No teasing, just to the point! 11P Vert Fonce irridescent caviar jumbo.
IMG_7602.jpg

Story behind this is that darling boyfriend and I were shopping downtown and I dragged him to Chanel with me so I could see the 11P red. When I was trying on the red, my sweet SA said "Check this out, we also got a nice green" and my first thought before I saw the bag was "Green? No thanks, I came for red". Boy am I glad I bit my tongue because it was :love: at first try. I loved it, boyfriend loved it, we left without it........ :shocked:

Ok fast forward a couple weeks and I am still thinking about it so I call my SA at a different store and ask to be put on the waitlist (his store didn't get the 11P green in yet). Add another week of constantly calling to see if it's in yet and when I had finally given up all hope, I sent him an email "Oh let me know when it comes in, I'm ready to purchase!" one Monday morning and drove off to work. I'm checking my email on my phone before I get into work mode and *PING* (the sound phone makes when I get new mail), "Perfect timing! We just got it in!!". I delayed work a few more minutes to give him my info and then I was happy the rest of the day knowing my green baby was on its way to me :lol:

IMG_7603.jpg

My baby arrived this week!! One problem though.... it's a jumbo!!! I was so desperate for this color in any size that I settled for the first one they received and now that I have it, I think it might be too big :faint: Oh shoot me.

This is when I have to ask my lovely tPF friends to help me figure out if I should exchange it for a m/l (if I can even find an m/l now!). Give me a few moments and I will upload modeling pics.

Congratulations on tracking the bag down! Sounds like you REALLY wanted it so it's nice to hear you found it, especially on the day they received some in! YAY!! :woohoo: I like how different the color is, it's nice!!

The whole jumbo vs. m/l is always going to be a classic question but it really depends on your taste, how you're going to be using it and what YOU really want in the end! Is there any specific reason why you would want one size over the other? If you think you'll be carrying around a lot of things, keep the jumbo. I do like m/l size though and I feel like a lot of people classify that as the "classic" look but hey! jumbos are good too!! (and I'm sure a lot of people will say they prefer jumbo!) I think m/l and jumbos look nice on anyone. :biggrin:

OK, here!! Please forgive me, I didn't remove the tissue paper from the flaps. Also, I can adjust what I carry accordingly so how much each bag holds doesn't really bother me. Hey, fashion over function :lol:

This is the gorgeous green jumbo on me. I initially thought this color was more of a fall color but it works SO well with the lovely pastels of the spring season. Truly a special color :cloud9:

Since it is big enough as a shoulder flap, I cannot wear it single-strap as it would hang too low on me :Push:
jumboflap.jpg

And this is the m/l flap on me. Love that I can wear this two ways!
medflap.jpg

I can't decide!!! I've already asked my mom, my bf (who really could give less of a cahoots...), a friend of mine, and my fashionable guy cousin and they're torn too. I trust the honest opinions of my tPF friends so I'll go with whatever you ladies say :smile:

Hm... :thinking:..
IMHO I actually think I like the m/l on you. BUT if you can't find it in the m/l and you love it and love the jumbo, you should keep it! Especially with the price increase. The jumbo does not look bad on you at ALL and the bag does look very nice.

btw, nice mod pictures! I think the purse looks very nice with your outfit! it's cute!!

Congratulations on tracking the bag down! Sounds like you REALLY wanted it so it's nice to hear you found it, especially on the day they received some in! YAY!! :woohoo: I like how different the color is, it's nice!!

The whole jumbo vs. m/l is always going to be a classic question but it really depends on your taste, how you're going to be using it and what YOU really want in the end! Is there any specific reason why you would want one size over the other? If you think you'll be carrying around a lot of things, keep the jumbo. I do like m/l size though and I feel like a lot of people classify that as the "classic" look but hey! jumbos are great too!! I think m/l and jumbos look nice on anyone. :biggrin:

ChanelHoarder (I love your username!!) thank you so much for your time in reading the extremely long intro post and giving your opinion on jumbo vs. m/l. The vert fonce is such a "unique" (as the SA described it) color; it is definitely a once-in-awhile color. To answer your question, the only reason I (think I would) prefer the m/l over the jumbo is because it seems the m/l is more proportional to my body size. Oi, I'm so confused. Thanks again for your time and opinion :hbeat:

Wow, both bags look great but IMHO the m/l flap, both its size and color, look better on you!

Thanks palemo! The black flap is in my collection permanently, just trying to figure out if I should have the green m/l join her.

Hm... :thinking:..
IMHO I actually think I like the m/l on you. BUT if you can't find it in the m/l and you love it and love the jumbo, you should keep it! Especially with the price increase. The jumbo does not look bad on you at ALL and the bag does look very nice.

btw, nice mod pictures! I think the purse looks very nice with your outfit! it's cute!!

aw thanks for the nice words ChanelHoarder, you're making me blush :blush: I think I might use the m/l more so I will see if I can hunt one down, fingers crossed!

Aww thanks!! and np, glad to try and help a fellow TPFer out! :biggrin::biggrin:

I think you should go with your gut feeling. It seems like you're leaning more towards the m/l flap and you should get the bag you love! I think if you can get it in the m/l size in the color that you've been wanting, it'd be perfect!

At the same time.. since you already have a m/l size, would you want to add that jumbo to your collection? It seems like you're more comfortable with the m/l though... AHH! I hope I'm helping. hehe. Good luck with your pick, let us know what you decide!! :P

ChanelHoarder (I love your username!!) thank you so much for your time in reading the extremely long intro post and giving your opinion on jumbo vs. m/l. The vert fonce is such a "unique" (as the SA described it) color; it is definitely a once-in-awhile color. To answer your question, the only reason I (think I would) prefer the m/l over the jumbo is because it seems the m/l is more proportional to my body size. Oi, I'm so confused. Thanks again for your time and opinion :hbeat:

First of all, I really love the green on you! Really suits you well!!

I have to say I think m/l may be the better option, BUT this is such a pretty color that it is lovely in jumbo as well.

both sizes look great on you! if you have a hard time looking for one then keep the jumbo!

you can shorten the strap on the jumbo by looking for threads on this DIY-er.

CC love - Thanks L, I emailed you :smile:

ChanelHoarder - You're definitely a help (and much more!) and I really appreciate it so thank you again and again :hugs: You're right, I am leaning more towards the m/l and it was the m/l that made me fall in love with this color at the boutique, perfect is the word to describe the green m/l :cloud9: BUT the jumbo would round out my collection of flaps - e/w, med, jumbo - and I'll have a happy flap family :lol: Oh toughie, I will try my luck tomorrow and call around! Will definitely keep you and my great tPF friends updated. Thanks again!!!

clululu - thank you for the input! The green truly is stunning right? I dont think I will ever get sick of saying that, lol :biggrin:

Bentley1 - Awesome username! Thank you for your opinion, I definitely don't mind the huge dose of green on the jumbo as I can stare at the bag all day because of the color :hbeat: I will try my luck and see if I can find a m/l but if not, I definitely have your comment saved so I won't be too upset :smile:

baileylab - thank you baileylab! I'm going to look for the DIY thread you mention, I hope the tips can be applied to a double flap. If it is the ribbon tip I've read around the forum, I would imagine it would be harder to apply that to jumbos with a double flap. Going to search in a second, thanks!!

pairin - thanks pairin for your input! I'm saving your comment too in case I can't find a m/k in this color :smile: