A Mini Vent About Private Selling

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
Okay so I just recently met this woman and sold her Tory Burch flats for $30 CAD. She asked me to try them on, I agreed. She decided not to try them on and now she sent me a message asking for a refund. In the advertisement it says that all sales are final. I decided to block her. Gosh, why can't people read the advertisements?? We're in the midst of a pandemic - for me to even allow her to try them on is ridiculous. She chose NOT TO try them on. She examined them closely and now she demands a refund?? The nerve!

I met her in a public location so she does not know where I live, thank goodness.

I am sorry you had this experience; in the future you might find it not worth the aggravation to sell something for a $30 return. You will have less headache giving to charity or even tossing in the garbage. I have given a half a dozen pairs of used prada shoes to Salvation Army. I had my good use out of them and out they went. I even gave a YSL dress that was too small to begin with to the Salvation Army; that one I snipped off the tag first so that no one could snag it and resell it for their own profit. Hopefully you can put this experience behind you.

Last edited:
Reactions: raylyn and 880
You did the right thing just blocking her if she kept bugging you, you stated no returns and she bought them anyway, so she'll just have to resell or give them away if they don't work for her. I tend to hold onto things, and then if I really don't want something or it's past its prime I donate it. You can make money selling things but to me it isn't worth the hassle, I try to buy less in the first place and use what I have.

I am sorry you had this experience; in the future you might find it not worth the aggravation to sell something for a $30 return. You will have less headache giving to charity or even tossing in the garbage. I have given a half a dozen pairs of used prada shoes to Salvation Army. I had my good use out of them and out they went. I even gave a YSL dress that was too small to begin with to the Salvation Army; that one I snipped off the tag first so that no one could snag it and resell it for their own profit. Hopefully you can put this experience behind you.

I really never post here but did you ever stop to think that perhaps $30 might be a meaningful return for someone? While it's great that you have given used items to the Salvation Army that doesn't mean that everyone else is in the same position to do so. And perhaps people don't want to be so wasteful and toss the items in the garbage as you suggested. Maybe when these Tory Burch flats were initially purchased the OP was in different financial circumstances and now that $30 is an important source of funds.

I'm not sure why you would have bothered to reply to the OP at all if your intention was just to pat yourself on the back.

Stay safe.

I really never post here but did you ever stop to think that perhaps $30 might be a meaningful return for someone? While it's great that you have given used items to the Salvation Army that doesn't mean that everyone else is in the same position to do so. And perhaps people don't want to be so wasteful and toss the items in the garbage as you suggested. Maybe when these Tory Burch flats were initially purchased the OP was in different financial circumstances and now that $30 is an important source of funds.

I'm not sure why you would have bothered to reply to the OP at all if your intention was just to pat yourself on the back.

Stay safe.

Thank you!!!!

Stay safe.

Stay safe.
It is a fair comment that $30 could
be meaningful to OP and you are right, it never occurred to me that $30 could be an important source of funds for her based on her LV avatar and prior posts. Nonetheless I still think it is a valid point that it is not often not worth the time and emotional aggravation to go through what OP expressed in her post to sell something privately to an unknown third party for $30.

It is a fair comment that $30 could
be meaningful to OP and you are right, it never occurred to me that $30 could be an important source of funds for her based on her LV avatar and prior posts. Nonetheless I still think it is a valid point that it is not often not worth the time and emotional aggravation to go through what OP expressed in her post to sell something privately to an unknown third party for $30.

I do not wish to disclose my financial situation on a public forum but as someone who values re-using items and being mindful of consumption every cent is worth the energy. I do not view the items I have as disposable or burdensome. These entitled people are rare. Most of my experiences have been positive. As for my Louis Vuitton items, I have worked tirelessly to provide myself with these luxuries. We can never fully know what someones financial situation is based upon how they dress.

Reactions: dropsofjupiter
I didn't read the comment about donating as being judgey, it's just another point of view and something to consider. In the past I have sold many items and after awhile I came to the conclusion that I would rather donate than sell. If that person wants to resell my item good for them. Selling stresses me out too much.

Reactions: 880