A Mini Clean Up Project

Conchenn

Mar 1, 2008
So I use my wristlets as make up bags a lot and sometimes they get a little dirty... This time I remembered to take before and after pictures. I used the Grandma's secret spot remover again, and ta-da! Like new!

Legacy wristlet in white before:

And after:

Ergo pleated capacity wristlet in magenta before.... You can see the eye liner pencil mark where the lid had come off and it scribbled on the lining (I did have a heart attack when I saw that...) And some small spots of eyeshadow... (grrr...)

After:

That's it for my minor cleaning project, lol! I just thought I'd share :smile:

Oh, good to know. I am actually on the "hunt" for a Coach makeup bag but don't like the ones they have right now (scribbles pattern). I actually thought of buying a larger wristlet to use but didn't see any for a good enough price to be a makeup bag.

Oh, good to know. I am actually on the "hunt" for a Coach makeup bag but don't like the ones they have right now (scribbles pattern). I actually thought of buying a larger wristlet to use but didn't see any for a good enough price to be a makeup bag.

The capacity wristlets make great makeup bags imo. They hold a lot and they have that little slip pocket for keeping certain items seperate. The ergo I got FP @ $98, but then I loved it so much and used to carry just it instead of a whole purse sometimes.

I use my gold/silver lurex capacity wristlet as a make-up bag sometimes. I've heard of gal's that put those clear plastic cosmetic bags INSIDE their COACH cosmetic bags to keep "accidents" from happening!!! Not a bad idea, but it might waste a little space!!!

Nice clean up JOB!!!!

Wow your wristlets look brand new! I might have to purchase some of that stuff (did you find it online?) because my Lily needs some touch ups!

They look great - good job!
You can buy Grandma's Secret Spot Remover at Hancock Fabrics.
The stuff is fantastic, just discovered it myself about a month ago.

Yes - you can get this stuff at Hancock Fabrics, that's where I work and people kept coming in to buy that stuff specifically so I tried it. Also Joann's and Bed Bath and Beyond (someone else mentioned these places.)

@paula3boys: I used Grandma's Secret Spot Remover on both wristlets :smile: http://www.grandmassoap.com/ is where you can buy it in bulk if you can't find it anywhere near you, or you can get it off joanns.com or hancockfabrics.com :smile:

Just use a q-tip to put some on and work it gently in and keep dabbing it off with paper towels or cotton balls and warm water. Soooo glad I found this stuff and I hope it works for all ya'll and thanks for all the lovely replies ^_^

I recently got a legacy bag with a pen mark in it....it cleaned up nicely with a tide pen and mini oxi spray......I love these threads...it has really helped me to take risks when purchasing used bags....

The grandmas spot remover can also be found at bed bath and beyond.

I used some Grandma's to clean my legacy agenda this evening. (Thanks a million, OP!) I'm wondering if my experience was odd. I literally had to squeeze the whole bottle with both hands just to get a tiny bit of foam-like product out. I figured it would be a gel. :confused1:

Also, I used my blowdryer to dry it quickly and noticed some whitish residue on the darker stripes. My biggest fear is that I've somehow damaged the threads and they've turned white. Other possiblities include that I didn't get all of the spot remover out and it left a soapy residue or that I was SILLY for using a Kleenex to rub the spots after I used the q-tip with the product and the Kleenex shredded into the fabric a little.

How would you suggest trying to remove this residue? I would hate to ruin my agenda!

Thank you!!!

I used some Grandma's to clean my legacy agenda this evening. (Thanks a million, OP!) I'm wondering if my experience was odd. I literally had to squeeze the whole bottle with both hands just to get a tiny bit of foam-like product out. I figured it would be a gel. :confused1:

Also, I used my blowdryer to dry it quickly and noticed some whitish residue on the darker stripes. My biggest fear is that I've somehow damaged the threads and they've turned white. Other possiblities include that I didn't get all of the spot remover out and it left a soapy residue or that I was SILLY for using a Kleenex to rub the spots after I used the q-tip with the product and the Kleenex shredded into the fabric a little.

How would you suggest trying to remove this residue? I would hate to ruin my agenda!

Thank you!!!

My bottle has a lid that unscrews and then it's just open, and I could dip a q-tip right in it, didn't have to squeeze some out. Mine is a gel, but I suppose if yours has a different applicator, it might come out foamy?

The directions on the bottle say to wash it after letting it sit for 5-10 minutes, but obviously you can't toss a leather anything in the washing machine. So that's why I used the warm water to dilute and soak up the spot remover with cotton balls or paper towels repeatedly until it stopped sudsing when I rubbed it hard with a q-tip. This ensures that all the spot remover is gone. I think that's what happened with yours, there was some left still and it might have also reacted to the heat. Try getting it damp and blotting with a cotton ball several times. You basically want to remove as much of Grandma's stuff as possible before letting it dry, as it would be rinsed out in a washing machine, KWIM? This is what worked for me :smile: HTH!