A Message for the Resellers who lurk around here...

MIffy27

2 many Chanel bags!!
O.G.
Jun 24, 2007
First of all, I want to say that I have nothing against "capitalism". I myself am a benefactor of this ideology. I also have nothing against people exercising their "commercial mind" and trying to earn a living using creative means.

Second of all, this is not a post against people who trade off bags they no longer want and wish to cash in.

HOWEVER, to those resellers who lurk around here and use the information posted by all the kind girls here so that they could then resell at ridiculous prices and consequently causing (i) some of the boutiques to stop selling to genuine end-users by phone (ii) genuine end-users not being able to find bags from department stores and boutiques and having to pay $$$$ above retail if they really want to have the bags, I despise you and if I see you in person, I would not hesitate to punch you in the face (even though I am only a midget).

Where does this angst come from? We found out this week that one of the favourite SAs we know in Europe who has provided so much help to myself and a couple of other girls here can no longer do phone sale or indeed international sale. The prime reason being there are resellers buying bags from her boutique and selling them at consignment stores. And the volume of sales is to such an extent that the boutique has to stop international sale in August because the manager is worried that there would be no stock left in the boutique for walk in customer during the holiday season and also the manager does not want to see the store contributing to the black market. Now, the boutique decides to stop international sale altogether, no exception.

I am really pissed off with this. The SA knows I and the other girl are not resellers (the SAs can tell from the items we buy) but no exception can be made. I have a lot of sympathy for the SA and the boutique. But this also means that I can no longer and will be extremely unwilling to help any of the other girls here to get the bags they want by sharing our SA info for fear that they are in fact resellers. A lot of these SAs, I have actually met them in person and I have been ordering from them for quite some time. One reseller sale will kill off the whole thing. And would I now want to jeopardise this?

I like our shopping thread a lot - we are trying to help each other out by sharing the good deals we see. But you cannot imagine how shocked I am to see so many of these great deals snatched up by resellers and appearing in ebay the next day. I am really really sick and tired of this and I just feel that the people who "suffer" in the end are those who truly like Chanel.

End of rant.

I understand you, I also hate those resellers. They really mark up the price and resell on ebay or at the consignment store, I hate they use this to make profit. We just want to share with the genuine user who loves Chanel.

Sorry, I'm a little slow, but Chanel boutiques in Europe are refusing to do international charge-sends because resellers are buying up all their stock to resell? If the resellers are buying so much, wouldn't it be easy to be able to distinguish them from the sincere Chanel lovers and just refuse to sell to them? Why throw the baby out with the bath water? Why not limit to say, 1 item per customer?

I'm an Ebay newbie, so I'm not aware that there are Ebay powerseller that actually buy Chanels in bulk and resell at high mark-ups?? The only one that comes to mind is Personalshoppers who is based in New York, so I assume she gets her stock in the US, right? I wonder who is buying up all the Chanels in Europe to cause this change in policy.

Either way, I'm very sorry you lost your venue of getting your Chanels in Europe. I personally love the Shopping threads. I have gotten so many of my personal HGs from them and have also enjoyed helping others got theirs. I hope we don't stop doing that because of the nasty resellers.

i guess this is a matter similar to that of trying to stop the counterfiters from producing fakes..no matter how we despise them they are still around...same goes with resellers...however i totally feel you n understand you...im sorry tat you would not be able to do charge send anymore...
i do agree with ocgirl where they monitor the quantity purchased by customers doing phone orders,..its a good start!

I totally agree, its irritating when we have been waiting and waiting for the bags on waitlist and as soon as the bag is released, it goes onto ebay at ridiculously high mark up prices. Good rant Mlffy27

What ticks me off is when people read about Chanel items on sale in the Shopping subforum, and then scoop them up just to re-sell them on Ebay for profit. I know we will live in a free capitalist society, blah, blah, blah, but it still angers me. There are those of us who don't see Chanel bags and accessories as items to make money off of. We buy them for the pure enjoyment and use of them. Just my 2 cents.

In no way I'm siding with resellers who try to gouge people when I say the following: if people wouldn't buy from them, they would have to lower the price to within a fair market price. Haven't we all seen pics of purses, limited or not -- and not even in excellent condition; i.e, dried out leather or worse, up for sale for an exorbitant price? I have and even though I may be tempted for a split second, logic kicks in and I hear that little voice inside saying things like no way, greedy ***. There will other fab purses/pieces coming in the future.

It surprises me that international sources would limit sales or block customers. Retailers are in the business to sell versus sit on inventory. Am sorry for the policy change and I think a fair resolution to the problem could and should be presented to those that institute the policy. (Maybe a preferred customer list -- something.)

OH MIFFY!!! THANKS FOR LETTING THIS OUT!!! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: This post deserves an ace!!! ITA with all that you've said!! I will join you in the "punch you in the face" activity when we see one of "them"!!! :bagslap:

:goodpost:

First of all, I want to say that I have nothing against "capitalism". I myself am a benefactor of this ideology. I also have nothing against people exercising their "commercial mind" and trying to earn a living using creative means.

Second of all, this is not a post against people who trade off bags they no longer want and wish to cash in.

HOWEVER, to those resellers who lurk around here and use the information posted by all the kind girls here so that they could then resell at ridiculous prices and consequently causing (i) some of the boutiques to stop selling to genuine end-users by phone (ii) genuine end-users not being able to find bags from department stores and boutiques and having to pay $$$$ above retail if they really want to have the bags, I despise you and if I see you in person, I would not hesitate to punch you in the face (even though I am only a midget).

Where does this angst come from? We found out this week that one of the favourite SAs we know in Europe who has provided so much help to myself and a couple of other girls here can no longer do phone sale or indeed international sale. The prime reason being there are resellers buying bags from her boutique and selling them at consignment stores. And the volume of sales is to such an extent that the boutique has to stop international sale in August because the manager is worried that there would be no stock left in the boutique for walk in customer during the holiday season and also the manager does not want to see the store contributing to the black market. Now, the boutique decides to stop international sale altogether, no exception.

I am really pissed off with this. The SA knows I and the other girl are not resellers (the SAs can tell from the items we buy) but no exception can be made. I have a lot of sympathy for the SA and the boutique. But this also means that I can no longer and will be extremely unwilling to help any of the other girls here to get the bags they want by sharing our SA info for fear that they are in fact resellers. A lot of these SAs, I have actually met them in person and I have been ordering from them for quite some time. One reseller sale will kill off the whole thing. And would I now want to jeopardise this?

I like our shopping thread a lot - we are trying to help each other out by sharing the good deals we see. But you cannot imagine how shocked I am to see so many of these great deals snatched up by resellers and appearing in ebay the next day. I am really really sick and tired of this and I just feel that the people who "suffer" in the end are those who truly like Chanel.

End of rant.

Last edited:
what ticks me off is when people read about chanel items on sale in the shopping subforum, and then scoop them up just to re-sell them on ebay for profit. I know we will live in a free capitalist society, blah, blah, blah, but it still angers me. There are those of us who don't see chanel bags and accessories as items to make money off of. We buy them for the pure enjoyment and use of them. Just my 2 cents.

ita!!

Last edited: