A Man Needs Ladies' Opinion On Nano Luggage

Can A Man Carry Celine Nano Luggage?

• Total voters

ManManMan

Sep 21, 2019
Hi purseblog ladies:

I am not a reader here 'cause I don't use purse. I am a man, but I love designing. I can appreciate the beauty of many lady's bags, so I bought my wife some bags like: Birkin, Chanel classic double flap, Moynat's Rejane and Pauline, Speedy, Faure Le Page, Goyard, Prada...etc. Recently I got a pink Nano Luggage for her. We just love it. Since that my problem begins....

I am an amateur photographer and I have many cameras and lenses to carry around. So I have some backpacks and crossbody bags to hold my cameras and lenses. Since recently I moved my photography style to street photography, I mainly only carry a Ricoh GR compact camera. So I really just want a crossbody small bag to put the camera, wallet, sunglasses, car keys, handkerchief, that's all. But I can't find a satisfying bag for me, no matter the design from LV, Montblanc, Gucci, Burberry, Hermes...etc, no small crossbody bags sings for me. Since I bought my wife the pink Nano Luggage. It's a perfect size for all my daily stuff including the compact camera! It's well made and the zipper closure is easy to open to access my stuff. It has a naughty robot face with a sticking out tongue, it's very industrial design! In my opinion, this is a pure man's design, a nerd's design, a masculine design if I get a black one! But because it's so cute, it's for ladies from the beginning. I saw a few men carrying the Nano Luggage online but most of them are woman-like men or gays if it's not impolite to say so. I don't want myself carrying a lady's purse like them but the size and design are perfect for me.

I want to know how you think of that. I know most of people will say if you like it go for it. But I still want to know if you see a man carrying a lady's bag, how do you think of him? What image do you have if you see he is using woman's purse?

My wife suggested I buy a black one. But her reason is different, she can exchange her pink one into my black one sometimes for fun.

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

Happy pursing, ladies! Chao!

Wow i love your masculine perspective of the Celine nano design! I love the old Celine designs for the fact that they do not belong to the typical feminine designer bags that scream the brand name. There is a distinctive charm about Celine that exudes undertone of masculinity and sharpness that i find so appealing in a handbag. I will be really impressed by the man who can pull off the nano bag in his masculine fashion and be comfortable in his skin. Very stylish!

Wow i love your masculine perspective of the Celine nano design! I love the old Celine designs for the fact that they do not belong to the typical feminine designer bags that scream the brand name. There is a distinctive charm about Celine that exudes undertone of masculinity and sharpness that i find so appealing in a handbag. I will be really impressed by the man who can pull off the nano bag in his masculine fashion and be comfortable in his skin. Very stylish!
Hey @ManManMan I used to have the Celine nano luggage back in 2015, sold it in 2017 but I started missing it. So i'm buying a pre-loved maybe in a navy blue color soon. I mostly use mine as a camera bag and some essentials its perfect size! But if I buy it again I'm buying a wider strap.

Reactions: ManManMan
I wish you had given a choice other than “pervert” lol. I would say depends on your build, much like it would for a woman IMO. But I just got my first nano and they don’t have a lot of pockets to store things, so I don’t know how it would function for a camera and its accoutrements.

Well said! Thanks for your kind reply and I will put your opinions into my consideration! Chao!

Reactions: fashmash
Hey @ManManMan I used to have the Celine nano luggage back in 2015, sold it in 2017 but I started missing it. So i'm buying a pre-loved maybe in a navy blue color soon. I mostly use mine as a camera bag and some essentials its perfect size! But if I buy it again I'm buying a wider strap.

Hi buddy! So happy to see you carry the Nano as a camera bag! The zipper closure is a perfect design for a photographer to access his stuff quickly, for a street photography, it's important. And when you carry the Nano you won't cause people's attention, when you take photos, people will feel you are harmless!

I am thinking exactly the same thing like you, I would change the strap into a wider one, it will make the Nano a pure men's bag!

Thanks for your information and reply! Good luck to you!

Reactions: lxrac
I wish you had given a choice other than “pervert” lol. I would say depends on your build, much like it would for a woman IMO. But I just got my first nano and they don’t have a lot of pockets to store things, so I don’t know how it would function for a camera and its accoutrements.

Thanks for your opinions! You are so right! It depends on bag wearer's build! So true! I am a watch collector too, I know how to choose a correct size watch for my wrist. Nowadays there are too large men's watches out there, maybe they are fine for a large man, but for most of men, they are oversized. It's too large for most of men if it's over 45mm. I always say: You needn't a giant watch to prove you are a man, you shouldn't let the watch wear you. The same principle goes to the bag world. I am medium size, lean but muscular man, cause I practice workouts routinely. Oh, for your reference, I want to use the Nano carry my compact camera, it's small, slim. So it's easy to put in the Nano without any pockets.

Good luck! Chao!

Last edited:
Have you seen the steamer pm satchel fron LV? They have it in the monogram eclipse and might your needs.

Thanks a ton for your suggestion! I check the steamer out as you advised. It's a very well made bag and looks so cool! Unfortunately, it's not what I want. I will pass it. Maybe I will put it under consideration for my future purchasing. Now I just want a small crossbody bag.

Thanks again! Good luck to you! Chao!

Last edited:
I love the Nano for its functional size and design. Like some other members have commented, if the bag appears more 'feminine' or 'masculine' I think will depend on the figure of the wearer, but you can also change the style a lot by changing out the strap. Something thicker would be more 'masculine' I think.

I love the Nano for its functional size and design. Like some other members have commented, if the bag appears more 'feminine' or 'masculine' I think will depend on the figure of the wearer, but you can also change the style a lot by changing out the strap. Something thicker would be more 'masculine' I think.

Thanks for the quick shout out! You are perfectly correct at this point! The wearer is the key for a bag's style! This is an universal principle indeed. And the strap suggestion is very good too! I may pull the trigger soon. Lol.
Good luck! Chao!

Reactions: thepetitequeen