A lucky lucky reveal...

Prada Prince

Homme...
O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
Anyone around for a reveal?

I've had my eye on this baby for a while, but it's been insanely popular, and somehow it's become ridiculously rare to get hold of this, at least in Europe...

Any guesses???

IMG_1484088437.357405.jpg

Reactions: Tonia55
I had been asking my SA at Harrods whether she could help me get this piece but she just said all she could do is keep checking to see if she had anything come into stock...

IMG_1484090001.242559.jpg

Which was eminently frustrating... I also kept checking the website which yielded nothing.

IMG_1484090047.837977.jpg

But on Saturday when I was out with my friends moseying around Selfridges, we just happened to walk through the Vuitton concession, and I tried my luck there with one of the SAs. He said they didn't have any either, but that the City store at Royal Exchange had one in stock and that they must have gotten the delivery in on Friday...

The store wasn't open on Saturday and I was lamenting my cursed luck, especially since I pass by the Vuitton store every day when I headed to work!

And I was even more worried that the same SA will be telling other people about the availability of this one piece, and I decided to call the head office and asked if they could somehow put it on hold for me.

They said they cannot confirm that the bag was actually physically there as the store was closed but that it was showing that there was that one piece. They told me they could email the manager of the store and hope that she checks her email before the store opened and puts the bag on hold for me.

In any event head office told me I would be first in line to have it reserved in the event that the bag was there in the morning, but suggested that I head there first thing Monday morning in any case, just to be safe.

Of course, when it rains, it pours... Monday was the sodding tube strike, which meant that my 25 minute commute turned into an incredibly painful 2 hour bus ride.

Finally, as I was about to give up all hope, my phone rang while I was debating possibly climbing out of the slowly moving bus and walking the rest of the damn way there.

The manager called, and asked which bag I was looking to reserve, as head office didn't actually specify the item...

Fan-frickin-tastic... when I told her what I was after, she hemmed and hawed, saying she wasn't sure whether they even had the bag anymore. I swear, a part of me died that second!

After an interminably long time being put on hold, she finally got back to me, and told me yes we do have the bag, and she would put it on hold for me!

Success!!! I kept asking to make sure they would put it aside, as my friend had a bad experience where the bag she put on hold had been sold to someone else, but the manager assured me she personally put it aside to avoid any confusion.

Finally, when I managed to get off the bus, I pretty much ran to the store, to pick up my long awaited purchase!

IMG_1484090763.753070.jpg

I'm sorry to keep all of you waiting, but you can imagine what the wait did to me! Presenting my new Pochette Metis in Monogram Reverse!

I am absolutely over the moon with this purchase. It is spectacular in real life and so so beautiful!

IMG_1484090840.745461.jpg

I cannot wait to wear this out ASAP this weekend!